Half marathoners and CR refugees (Read 1532 times)

wbertha

A while back before the big CR fiasco, there were a group of us on CR who were all attempting to train for and run in a variety of upcoming half marathons. I really miss the daily conversation, advice and encouragement. Have any of you made it over to this site? Or are there others of you who would like to contribute to a daily/weekly conversation on this topic? wbertha
      There is a "Half Marathon Trainers" group. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/hmt/ check it out..... JR
      JPGarland

http://community.active.com/thread/39906?tstart=0
        wbertha

Dead I am saddened and sickened by the demise of CR. I miss the daily inspiration, motivation and laughs that the half marathon trainers provided. However, due to the speed (or lack there of) of my internet connection, it is no longer possible for me to post to the "new and not so improved" active.com. It takes me longer to log in than it does for me to run one mile and I am a very, very slow runner. Shocked I would be very appreciative is you would let all of our virtual training partners know that I am alive, well and running. I still miss everyone and would like to extend an invitation to this site to anyone who is no longer happy with the CR site. so long, wbertha
          marflair

Bertha, Hi! I have lots of trouble logging onto active also - get server error messages all of the time, and this is with high speed internet. When I get on again, I will let them know you are well. Maybe we can convince them to move here. Mary
            JPGarland

I have passed your message over to them, but lots of people do not seem to be having problems because that thread is pretty active. So give the site a bit more time to work out its bugs.
              chuck43

Hey wbertha, Hope you're doing great. Peg had a lot of trouble getting on and found her computer had it as a restricted site. Maybe your is the same. Anywho, keep tring. You're missed. Email Joe maybe he can help ya.
                wbertha

Chuck, JP and Mary, really, really good to hear from some familiar faces (virtually speaking). Hope that the active.com is able to work out some of its problems. I will check back from time to time but for now, sadly it is just not a reasonable option for me. I am thinking about starting a weekly half marathon training site over here. Anyone interested? wbertha
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

There is a "Half Marathon Trainers" group. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/hmt/ check it out..... JR
                    Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Hey Wbertha! We've been talking about you on the 'new' thread at Active. I think RA is a better site than Active, but the thread is going strong over there. Maybe we can meet over here... I've been keeping my log on RA for several months now, so I personally like this site better too. But it's up to the group. At any rate, you and I can still chat it up here. We're both slow runners and aren't you a Packers fan too, or does my memory fail me??
                      -Monica

Slow and steady wins the race means a lot of fast people pass you.
                      wbertha

WOW! Shocked Someone who is a Packer Backer and runs at my pace. What more could I ask for??? lol monnik, if you live in this area, I am guessing that your workout today like mine was confined to the gym. Wind chills here have been below zero. Ran 3 slow miles on the treadmill but it felt okay. Even took my new shoes (Christmas present to self) for their first run. wbertha
                        marflair

HI Bertha and Monnik, I am a Packer fan too - located between Madison and Janesville here in Wisconsin. Bertha, I am a slow runner and just getting back to it. After my half in Sept., I burned out and got away from running for a few months. I am thinking about doing the Green Bay Half in May - it has a 4 hour limit so I could walk lots if I needed to. Glad to see some halfers straggling over here. I was sick of the login problems on active and their running log stinks. Mary
                            Hi Bertha, Marflair, Chuck, Monnik and anyone else! I have read through our old groups postings on Active but tried several times to log in, then simply gave up. I do miss the banter and jokes, but a very nice group on this board so I am sure I will make new friends! I have had a very bad cold for several days, but got my long runs in, did 20km runs a couple of times in Decenber and finished the month with 148kms, about 92 miles. I just need to get back into a conmsistent routine and keep up with my schedule, then I'll be ready for my event at the end of April. say hello to everyone for me! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

wbertha

Welcome. Simon and Mary. Hey, three out of four are Packer fans...way to go!!! I ran the Green Bay half marathon last year as my first ever run at that distance. A great town, good beer, wonderful finish...when do you get the chance to run thru the players tunnel, around Lambeau Field and have your name announced over the PA at a professional football stadium. I vote...go for it. Simon, hope you are feeling better and that your cold does not linger. Please refresh my memory, where are you from? What event are you look at in April? I have one 5K coming up in Madison in March then a short run in April and hope to be ready for the Fargo Half Marathon on May 17th in North Dakota. DH and I are planning a short vacation in conjunction with the race. Keep on posting!!! wbertha
                              Len

Damn Yankee

wbertha, may I make a suggestion? If you will start a weekly training post in the half marathon training group forum, I believe it will give that group an activity boost. I'm a member and I've noticed it is a little slow in that forum, weekly threads will certainly get things going... Welcome to RA!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard