Shoe Advice (Read 478 times)

Hey guys I'm placing my order for some Wave Rider 12s this weekend, I've used 3 different Mizuno Wave Creations before and now that I'm using my own money I figured I'd go with the Riders Smile Anyways, was looking for some comments on how many miles they last considering my Cumulus 11s are still going strong with 450 miles on them or something.

And would it be okay to rotate between Vibram FiveFingers and the Wave Riders? I don't want to go full-on barefoot but would love to try the Vibrams.

Imminent Catastrophe

Sure. I use the Vibrams for shorter runs sometimes, I'm building up my endurance and I think it helps my form. But if you're a heel striker be very careful and build up very slowly because you will run quite differently in VFF's.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Awesome, thanks Perfesser. I'm a forefoot runner so I think it will be somewhat natural feeling Smile