Forerunner 620 user bugs? (Read 64 times)

Cyberic

My 610 has frozen up on me twice already in one month, and although I *might* give it another try and hope it was because the foot pod's battery was dying, it will definitely not survive a third time.

So I'm shopping. Right now there's a good deal on the 620 at Costco Canada. When I look at user reviews on Amazon, there seems to be some issues with that watch also. I don't want to pay just to swap my poison for another poison.

There are probably a few people here own 620s. Any issue at all? I'm talking current issues, and not old issues that have been fixed, like early adopter's bugs.

I'm thinking the 230 is interesting also because of the 44% larger display space with the same physical watch size, even though I don't care for the activity tracker features.

Dreamn

Not really. I got my 620 like a month after it was released and it's okay and fairly reliable.  Garmin fixed a lot of the bugs and added some features that weren't originally present.   I think a lot of the complaints are/were related to the crappier GPS chip that they used for the 620 compared to the older models.  I know that I lose GPS signal much more often with the 620 than I ever did with my old 305 and your GPS trace will be complete crap.  The only other complaint is that the battery life is fairly short.  I usually have to charge it every other day or so but YMMV.

Cyberic

I know that I lose GPS signal much more often with the 620 than I ever did with my old 305 and your GPS trace will be complete crap. 

Really? If trace is crap, then distance must be crap also?

Dreamn

Well, that's what most of the complaints were about  early on lol.  I've unlocked my map from today's run if you want to see what I mean.  According to the trace, I went into the creek several times when in actuality I was running out and back on the same path.  My 305 trace never looked like that on the same path.  I would have to dig around to show you what that map looked like for you to compare it to this one.

Cyberic

Well, that's what most of the complaints were about  early on lol.  I've unlocked my map from today's run if you want to see what I mean.  According to the trace, I went into the creek several times when in actuality I was running out and back on the same path.  My 305 trace never looked like that on the same path.  I would have to dig around to show you what that map looked like for you to compare it to this one.

I checked your map. I don't think my 610 would do a better job. Doesn't seem problematic to me. Thanks.

lagwagon

i've found my 620 much more stable than my 610 was.  probably more about the firmware than hardware, but whatever, i'd recommend it.  i agree battery life could be better, but its sufficient for a couple long runs at least before recharging.  it took me a year to use the wireless sync (via bluetooth on iphone) but i love it, esp since I travel a lot.  enjoy!

Cyberic

i've found my 620 much more stable than my 610 was.  probably more about the firmware than hardware, but whatever, i'd recommend it.  i agree battery life could be better, but its sufficient for a couple long runs at least before recharging.  it took me a year to use the wireless sync (via bluetooth on iphone) but i love it, esp since I travel a lot.  enjoy!

Thanks. I just ordered one from Costco. I already have a buyer for the 610, but since it's someone I know, I'll warn her of the 610 issues, so maybe she'll back off of the deal. Worse that can happen is that I'll keep the 610, and the kids can play around with it Smile