Bang Head Here! I'm working to start up a race event. (Read 72 times)

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

Bang Head here... Its a nice hard reinforced concrete wall and can withstand abuse.....

This past year the VFW post I'm a member of, lost one of its long running fundraising programs. Damn the turkey shoot was fun even if I wasn't allowed to post Politicians likenesses as targets, but I digress.  Now we will be attempting a new strategy that should less offensive (and noisy) to the city we are surrounded by. A Veterans Day 5K Race for November 2nd, if I can get the ducks in a row, i's dotted and t's crossed by the membership & officers.

With that much stated does anyone have half a clue or an idea of how much it may cost (ball park estimates) to start up an event? Medals for age group winners; maybe trophies for overall Male & Female winners or even cheesy plastic laurel wreaths to go with a finisher medal for them; t-shirts for participants and such. I already have a price quote for timing services, advertising and release forms.

Still I've got to be able to turn a profit from the event without dropping too much of the organizations funds for start up costs.

If all goes well it'll take place November 2nd 2013 in D'Iberville MS. on a course that'll be reasonably flat (by my standards) and have the roads controled by local Law Enforcement to provide safety for the runners.

Cheers and thanks for any assistance.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

mikeymike

I organize a local yokle 5k. Our fixed costs come out to about 3k. The biggest buckets are t-shirts, professional timing services, port-o-potties and awards.

Runners run

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

Thanks, this is going to be one interesting ride on the short bus...

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!