RW Daily: Non-Runner Dies While Not Running (Read 935 times)

Lisa3.1

db7

I was really concerned until I saw that he was from Mississippi. There are people down there who are double expert professional non-runners. ( I'm from Miss) I have seen quite a few people die and none of them were running. I have heard about even more. It's a bad deal. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Oh Mighty Wing

I guess this just proves Trent right! You die no matter what you do!
        CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

And his memorial service is being held at Pizza Hut. Roll eyes

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Tyler S

I found it to be pretty funny.
              I am normally not one to gripe too much but this one has me. I currently live in Mississippi and the other day me and my family went out to eat. There are 5 of us and they had to accomodate an extremely obese couple so they squeezed us onto a table made for 4 by putting a chair on the end while giving them a booth made for 6 plus people. There was only 2 of them. Surprisingly though they ordered more food then we did. We had an appetizer and each of us ordered an entree bu they each had 3 plates in front of them. And that was before dessert. Needless to say I found the article humorous and must apologize for my lack of sympathy. Obesity is such a bad thing and I think that if we quit catering to it then it would fix itself. Okay off my soapbox now.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

I thought it was funny. It was a completely satorical article...did anyone read all the comments about it? Some people just got plain FURIOUS. I thought their comments were funny, too. Smile Now, if they had been using a real person, that would have been different. I just think our world needs a better sense of humor. Life's no fun if you take everything too seriously!! Ok, off my soapbox too. Smile
                "If you run 100 miles a week, you can eat anything you want - Why? Because (a) you'll burn all the calories you consume, (b) you deserve it, and (c) you'll be injured soon and back on a restricted diet anyway." ~ Don Kardong
                  Agreed on the comments. I actually found the comments as entertaining as the article.
                  Katie H

Chicago winter running

That's hilarious!!! Did y'all see this Onion story after last year's Chicago marathon. For the record, I "ran" that marathon and was as horribly miserable as everyone else and obviously the death of that one fellow was very tragic- but the Onion sure does know how to write a good headline! One Dead, Hundreds Injured As Chicagoans Attempt To Run http://www.theonion.com/content/node/67908
                    We must speak with all the humility that is appropriate to our limited vision, but we must speak. - MLK Jr.