Rolled over 30k miles of zoom-zoom this AM (Read 734 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

<--- i="" love="" my="" dash.="" i="" don't="" think="" i="" could="" be="" more="" fond="" of="" an="" inanimate="" object.="" :i=""></---> Time to schedule our routine tune-up for the happy baby. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

We have the same car Big grin I'm on 41k miles now. I love them - so smooth.
      Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We have the same car Big grin I'm on 41k miles now. I love them - so smooth.
        Awww...did you name your baby, too? A friend of ours suggested "Dash," after the little zippy guy in "The Incredibles." It has been such a fitting moniker. 41k...what year is yours? Ours is an '06 (we took possession in March of that year) and has been such a dream. The plan has always been to hand it down to DS when he is 16. Dash will be 11, then--perfect first car (and he'll be forced to learn stick if he wants the car, too). Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Cute car Zoomy!! Big grin
            But don't you want one of these?!?!?! I love my mini-van. I know you're jealous. Roll eyes Clowning around Okay, I give up.... Yours is cuter, and faster. But, do you need a ladder to clean the top of it? Tongue

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Okay, I give up.... Yours is cuter, and faster. But, do you need a ladder to clean the top of it? Tongue
              Yeah...but only 'cause I'm vertically challenged! Tongue But mostly I just make did wash and wax the top. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Awww...did you name your baby, too? A friend of ours suggested "Dash," after the little zippy guy in "The Incredibles." It has been such a fitting moniker. 41k...what year is yours? Ours is an '06 (we took possession in March of that year) and has been such a dream. The plan has always been to hand it down to DS when he is 16. Dash will be 11, then--perfect first car (and he'll be forced to learn stick if he wants the car, too). Smile
                04, picked it up 2 years ago - still going well. no name for it yet but i do order it about "take me to the shops / park / surf" Mine is right hand drive over here so everything is opposite to yours. He'll be getting a nice well cared for puppy - wish i got one at 16 Smile
                Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

He'll be getting a nice well cared for puppy - wish i got one at 16 Smile
                  No joke! My first car was an '87 Mazda 626 LX (also red...I apparently have a thing for red Mazdas). I was 21 and it was 8. Gutless with 120k miles on it. It was definitely at that point in its life-span where it needed a ton of things replaced (just a few months in the transmission died--that was the last automatic I ever owned or plan to own--ouch). But it was still a very reliable car. k

~ Sarah Kay

I never had an automatic, you dont see many in Ireland. Dont see the point in them, they're too eh automated. its like playing a video game or something, you need the flexibility of changing gear when needed and to be in control. I have to say, I got the 1.3 litre and it lacks a little poke overtaking - other than that sweet wheels. MTA: and it would make your jaw drop what we pay for vehicles in Ireland - i just did a euro to dollar conversion there and what i paid for this can 2 years ago comes in at $19,900. insane eh
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I never had an automatic, you dont see many in Ireland. Dont see the point in them, they're too eh automated. its like playing a video game or something, you need the flexibility of changing gear when needed and to be in control. I have to say, I got the 1.3 litre and it lacks a little poke overtaking - other than that sweet wheels.
                      Yeah...me no likey automatics. Especially in a snowy area. The 3 with good snow tires is amazing in all weather. Is 1.3 the standard engine in the UK and Ireland? I think the 2.0 was the standard for the i model and the 2.3 the standard for the S (which is what all the hatchbacks are in the US). Ours was rated at 160hp when we bought it, but they have since changed the rating and I think it falls into 155 or something like that. Even the base i with the 2.0 was rated 150hp. Power is a big seller in the US (along with crap fuel economy...*sigh*). 160hp seems very peppy to me, compared with cars I have driven in the past (my previous car was a 2L 110hp, I believe). I think 200hp is more typical here for the average car on the road. And trucks and SUVs often have much larger and more powerful engines than that. Big waste, IMO. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

MTA: and it would make your jaw drop what we pay for vehicles in Ireland - i just did a euro to dollar conversion there and what i paid for this can 2 years ago comes in at $19,900. insane eh
                        Wow, USED?! That's about what we paid for a fairly loaded S with the Touring package (not the Grand Touring, so we don't have the heated leather seats, LED tails, HID heads, etc.). We opted for the auto-dimming rearview mirror, 6 disc in-dash CD/sunroof/moonroof package, though. Priorities! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah 2 years used for that price - no extras. auto dealers have it good here. If I got the ferry to UK, say London, where cars are much cheaper, I get charged a VRT (govt tax) which brings the car up to - exactly the same as retail here. Anyone thats been to Ireland will confirm, prices are crazy here. A morning coffee and the paper is around $6.70 in Dublin.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah 2 years used for that price - no extras. auto dealers have it good here. If I got the ferry to UK, say London, where cars are much cheaper, I get charged a VRT (govt tax) which brings the car up to - exactly the same as retail here. Anyone thats been to Ireland will confirm, prices are crazy here. A morning coffee and the paper is around $6.70 in Dublin.
                            Gah, it's like you guys are a captive audience. That really stinks.

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

Oh. Zoom-Zoom. I get it now Blush I'm so slow sometimes. I almost bought the 3. Really wanted the Speed3. Bought a prius instead. Now I drive it 3 miles to my commuter lot. I'm such an idiot.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh. Zoom-Zoom. I get it now Blush I'm so slow sometimes. I almost bought the 3. Really wanted the Speed3. Bought a prius instead. Now I drive it 3 miles to my commuter lot. I'm such an idiot.
                                Yeah, the zoom-zoom sure has nothing to do with my pace (though I hope to someday be as cute, peppy, and speedy as my little car). Wink Ahhh...the Mazdaspeed 3... *drools* That came out the year after ours, but we wouldn't have gotten it, anyhow...more $, more gas, more insurance, probably not great on Winter roads. *sigh* Oh, no, a Prius for such short trips... Sad Can you trade it in?

~ Sarah Kay