Why are sissy Europeans so soft on crime? (Read 577 times)

JakeKnight

A friendly travel tip for those heading to Spain: Don't rob a bank. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKN1WlYR19w&eurl Make sure you stay with it until the slow-mo.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Ouch. I'll be good. Shocked Neil UK

Running ... just keep running!

Dave

Awesome. The same goes for most European countries. I can remember living in Germany and seeing the results of what happened if my soldiers got smart with the Politzie. "He tripped. A couple of time" Confused

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Big Chicken!

The Spanish don't mess around. Just today we were stopped for speeding (caught us on the camera Blush). They were quite stern about it. Kinda wish I understood everything they were saying. All I got was that if DH wasn't the rank he is, the situation might have been worse. I've heard the Guardia Civil (which is a part of the military) takes a lot of time and will falsify the ticket. The car might also have a few extra scratches. I'll remember that video when I get the urge to rob the BBVA.
          Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
            Guardia Civil are notorious for their harsh measures when dealing with the public. A mate of mine had both his arms broken when on holiday by a beating with truncheons for being drunk and a little out of order, outside a bar. Rough justice.
            Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
            GP160

yeah, that is awesome! I don't think we would be allowed to do that at my department. Chief may not like it Wink
              Ironman Louisville 8-30-09
                Justice can be sweet. Modified to add. My wife has just informed me of how disturbing it is for a society to punish criminals with violence. While I in no way condone this behavior it does appeal to my sense of justice. BTW that double flip was awesome. I give it an 8.0 (only for the bad landing)