0 to 100 km in 12 weeks (Read 236 times)

im gonna start back running heres my plan

week 1    24k (done)

week 2    50k (done)

week 3    55k (done)

week 4    60k

week 5    65k

week 6    70k

week 7    75k

week 8    80k

week 9    85k

week 10  90k

week 11  95k

week 12  100k

then i plan too hold it there for about 4 weeks before i add in intervals and harder training. all of this will be done at a slow pace maybe steady 1 day a week but i wont be wearing a watch till i reach this goal.

any taughts or ideas are welcome

You might want to consider a step back week every 3rd week or so.

What was I chasing again?

if i can get there in 16 weeks its ok i got no race goals yet just wanna get in shape

Nave17

You should listen to your body instead of a piece of paper.

DaBurger

I'd guess that 0-100k in 12 weeks is pretty aggressive.

If you had the running background to be able to go from 0-100k in 12 weeks, you wouldn't need to ask us about your plan.  Instead you'd just base your build up off of your previous experience.

Know thyself.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I think if I followed your schedule, I'd be injured well before week 12.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

mikeymike

It depends on you're running background. If in your relatively recent past you've handled 100k/week well, then a buildup like this is easy.

Runners run

week two done, i did 50.1k

my backround in running is i ran from when i was young from age 10 to 20 and in the latter years i got up to about 55 mile a week i would make it to the all-ireland events but never did any good at that level i have 1 team gold in junior cross country at national level i was maybe top 40 in the country. then i got back running 5 years ago at the age of 25 and trained for a year and got down to 79 in the half marathon, the last year i train for a few months and ran a 10k in 38.55. I know im along way off my half marathon pb but i think with half a years training i could beat my 10k pb of 37.36

week 3 done 55k i dont think il be taking a step back next week i feel fine and the blisters i was getting in the beginning have stopped, im also under 11.5 stone now which i had been lingering above for a while

jackburton

Is there an end goal to this training plan?  A race?  Why 12 weeks?  Why 100k?

Not wearing a watch, eh?

You should be focusing on the TIME and not the distance.  Time spent running is far more important than distance.

Scout7

Time spent running is far more important than distance.

I prefer to measure volume by the number of pillars of heaven we shook.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I prefer to measure volume by the number of pillars of heaven we shook.

Not everyone has the patience to grind down all that pillar with mortar and pestle, just to get another volume measurement.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.