fter the PF in my left foot healed, I hit the road too fast and developed I shin splints in the same leg (Read 39 times)

khaldrogo

This summer, after the PF in my left foot healed, I hit the road too fast and developed I shin splints in the same leg. I tried superfeet off and on (MD recommendation) and switched from neutral to stability shoes (gel kayanos). Aside from being stiff they helps the splints but as the subsided aches and pains all around my leg come and go after running (ankle one day, outside calf the other). Now that the splints are gone I’m wondering if I should just switch back to neutral. Has anyone here had similar issues when switching to a stability shoe? Thank you!

SMART Approach

If a shoe is working for you, stick with it. However, I always recommend a rotation of shoes for your runs. I rotate 3 different shoes of various weights and heel to toe drops. I think this is good but not a necessity.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Luciplay

If a shoe is working for you, stick with it. However, I always recommend a rotation of shoes for your runs. I rotate 3 different shoes of various weights and heel to toe drops. I think this is good but not a necessity.

I agree, if you have something extra, then, yeah it would be great.