For Bostonians only - wicked pissah SuperBowl recovery help (Read 680 times)

Fitzy is here to help all Pats fans recover, I think he's summed it all up rather nicely. Fitzy's We Blew Superbowl XLII Webcast Be warned it's not JUST profane, it's profane and vulgar enough to make our HTFU friend Chopper Reid blush. So let's rip off those bandages, pull off those scabs and let the healing begin.

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

JakeKnight

I have rarely laughed that hard at something on the Internet. I'm gonna watch it again later and take notes. There were so many quotable lines I couldn't keep them all straight. Is he always that funny? ------------------------------------ Prepare to be inundated with Patriots fans claiming they're really not bothered at all. And they really, really, really mean it, too. Wink ------------------------------------ Speaking of Pats fans ... when it rains, it pours: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-goodell-specter&prov=ap&type=lgns
      WASHINGTON (AP) -- Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Is he always that funny?
        The stuff I've watched and read has been pretty good, but this is Fitzy's bottom of the ninth Big Papi blast. As a genuine chip-on-the-shoulder longtime Boston sports fan, he's got a rich vein of bitterness to mine. If I were drinking next to the guy, I know I would fall off the barstool and/or piss myself laughing.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

"made me feel like i just got ice-picked in the dick" ...classic
            ------------------------------------ Prepare to be inundated with Patriots fans claiming they're really not bothered at all. And they really, really, really mean it, too. Wink ------------------------------------ Superbowl XLII is history. The Celtics are a terrific team to watch. The Red Sox pitchers & catchers reported to Spring Training yesterday. Believe it or not, most New England sports fans have already moved on. Yes, it sucks that the Patriots' loss was one of the biggest chokes in sports history. I think the Yankees' choke in the 2004 ALCS is worse but, Superbowl XLII is a very close second. I can't deny watching the replay of that catch brings pain but, I have worse sports memories. The Pats have won the Superbowl. Prior to 2004 it seemed like the Red Sox were never going to win it all. Next to the ball going between Buckner's legs, Bucky "F'king" Dent, or Aaron Boone's home run in '03, the pain of Eli Manning's throw ain't nothin'.
            Lane

does being in Worcester count? I'm a giants fan, but I thought that laughing at the pain might make you all feel better: www.lolpats.com It makes me feel good (though I didn't feel bad before).
                I couldn't watch that at work. I just came home for lunch. That was terrific. I live in Central Mass. I have New England accent but, I never notice how funny we sound until I watch something like that or see a movie like The Departed. Eat a bag of dicks.
                JakeKnight

I watched the guy's camshow from right before the Superbowl, too. It's just as funny (and even funnier in light of how bad his predictions turned out to be.) You gotta give the guy credit for manning up (ha! that wasn't even intentional what I did there) and admitting how bad it was and how wrong he was. Go watch that one.
                  The Pats have won the Superbowl
                  Sort of. If the U.S. Senate has its way, they may all have asterisks. Assuming the Pats keep their rings. Off-topic: so between this stuff and the Dennis Lehane novel I'm reading, I feel like I'm surrounded by Bostonites. And I'm wondering about pronunciation. What's the proper pronunciation for "Worchester" and "Dorcester?" (sorry if I spelled 'em wrong).

Off-topic: so between this stuff and the Dennis Lehane novel I'm reading, I feel like I'm surrounded by Bostonites. And I'm wondering about pronunciation. What's the proper pronunciation for "Worchester" and "Dorcester?" (sorry if I spelled 'em wrong).
                    Not bad Jake, but you put the H from Dorchester into Worcester. Woo-stuh (the oo is the one from "wood" not "boo") Dor-chestuh (or if you are from there, it's just Dot)

E.J.

Sort of. If the U.S. Senate has its way, they may all have asterisks. Assuming the Pats keep their rings.
                      Spectar could care less about a minor rules infraction. The problem isn't with the Patriots cheating and getting caught, the problem is with Goodell deleting the evidence and possibly covering something up.

Run to Win
                      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Off-topic: so between this stuff and the Dennis Lehane novel I'm reading, I feel like I'm surrounded by Bostonites. And I'm wondering about pronunciation. What's the proper pronunciation for "Worchester" and "Dorcester?" (sorry if I spelled 'em wrong).
                        That's funny coming from somebody from Nashville on this site. Doorchestah=Dorchester. Wuhstah=Worcester. I'm from Leminstah (Leominster) myself. Dennis Lehane's a wicked good writer.
                        JakeKnight

That's funny coming from somebody from Nashville on this site. Doorchestah=Dorchester. Wuhstah=Worcester. I'm from Leminstah (Leominster) myself. Dennis Lehane's a wicked good writer.
                          See that's what I mean - I would have said, of course, Lee-oh-min-stur. And been made fun of. Which is bad for myself esteem. Lehane is more than just wicked good. He might be the best writer working today. Especially in his genre. He manages to write books that are brutally ugly and downright poetic at the same time. Not to mention the fact that he brings Boston to life like nobody else. That's why it cracked me up to hear the guy BadDawg posted. I've been hearing these Baaahston voices in my head reading Lehane, and now I hear them for real. Someday I have to spend some time there. Someplace besides the airport. I hear they have a nice marathon.

See that's what I mean - I would have said, of course, Lee-oh-min-stur. And been made fun of. Which is bad for myself esteem. Lehane is more than just wicked good. He might be the best writer working today. Especially in his genre. He manages to write books that are brutally ugly and downright poetic at the same time. Not to mention the fact that he brings Boston to life like nobody else. That's why it cracked me up to hear the guy BadDawg posted. I've been hearing these Baaahston voices in my head reading Lehane, and now I hear them for real. Someday I have to spend some time there. Someplace besides the airport. I hear they have a nice marathon.
                            The only thing by Lehane that I have read is Mystic River, then I forgot about him. From glancing at Amazon, it looks like he has a series of books with common characters (Kenzie/Gennaro?) What's the best you've read by him?
                              Someday I have to spend some time there. Someplace besides the airport. I hear they have a nice marathon.
                              Screw the marathon. That's just for elitist pricks. If you want to see the soul of Boston & New England, go to Fenway Park. As crazy as we get about the Patriots , it ain't nothing compared to the way we feel about the Red Sox. Yankees suck. As for Dennis Lehane books, they're all pretty good. Like Jake said bleak but, good. Gone Baby Gone was based on one of the Kenzie/Gennaro books.
                              JakeKnight

As for Dennis Lehane books, they're all pretty good. Like Jake said bleak but, good. Gone Baby Gone was based on one of the Kenzie/Gennaro books.
                                I'd love to go to Fenway. I'm not even much of a baseball fan, but even I root for the Sox. Gotta root for the underdog. Maybe the Cubs will get a turn. And Gone Baby just happens to be the book I'm reading; I think I've read all (or at least most) of the rest of the series. But, uh, I had no idea it was a movie. Details, please. Who plays Patrick? No, who plays Angie? No wait - who plays Bubba Rogowski? If you answer any of that, por favor do not tell me what happens. I'm only halfway through the book. MTA: forget the above questions. Turns out there's actual information on the Internet. Who knew? Is it like a Massachusetts state law that the Affleck brothers get first dibs on every Bostonian part?