MY FIRST IRONMAN - Beach to Battleship Race Report (Read 2447 times)

Thanks bzaganjo!

Congrats Tony and thanks for sharing

Thanks Richard!

Great race report Tony. Thanks for sharing.

Wow Thanks Brian! I had a lot of people help me with advice and encouragement, so if you have questions, feel free to ask me.  The day before the race, even though I had done the training, thinking about it was still overwhelming.  Do the training and you will be ready...I was unsure until I was 20+ miles into the run. 

Tony,

That's the best race report I've ever read. 

Thank you for sharing.  I'm 199 days from my Ironman, and as excited as I am, it seems a little overwhelming to properly prepare.  Over the past few months, I've been looking at your training log and figuring out what you've done to properly prepare. 

Very inspirational.  Very impressive.

"But the voice of truth tells me a different story, And the voice of truth says "Do not be afraid!""

Have a wonderful week!

So, when will you get the IM tattoo?

Cheers,
        Brian

Thanks rgilbert!

A killer race report--the emotion/energy/anxiety of the event you put in there was awesome.

Congratulations, ironman!

Thanks Tramps! Cool that you and your wife were there too! For a lot of reasons, that swim start scene is etched into my memory.  And it's not so terrifying now.

Ha! Yes, I try to remember the Iron Distance vs. Ironman, but in my excitement I guess I slipped up a little. 

Great report on a major accomplishment. Congratulations!

This was also my wife’s first full-distance tri, so I got to see up close all the work and preparation involved—from all the training, nutrition planning, and equipment tweaking, to standing out on the beach that morning to cheer her on. You guys had a long, cold day and did great.

But please remember, legally it’s not an “ironman” race. It’s an “iron distance” race. You don’t want to end up in court, do you?  Wink

Thanks Ennay!

Simply awesome!

Thanks zoom-zoom!

What an awesome, engaging, inspiring report!  Congrats, Ironman!  You earned a good rest.

Thanks Steph! I saw you had a race in Augusta.  I stopped there at Ocharleys on my way home to TN Monday. Small world! 

Wow!  Congratulations!

Thanks Kelly!

Awesome job Tony... And thanks for the well written report.

-Kelly

Am I doing this right?

Way to go TonyP!  And thanks for taking the time to write that.  Very inspiring.

No excuses....

C-R

Way to put it all out there Tony. Well Done!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Tramps

For a lot of reasons, that swim start scene is etched into my memory.  And it's not so terrifying now.

Here ya go:

Be safe. Be kind.

What an awesome, engaging, inspiring report!  Congrats, Ironman!  You earned a good rest.

+1.  I sent the link to my wife, a non-runner -- I'm sure she'll appreciate the drama and your mettle.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congratulations!  And great report.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.