RA Logo contest (Read 6946 times)

eric :)

Hi all! Some of you wanted to have a logo design contest for RA. I'm not the creative kind so coming up with a logo is beyond my capabilities. If you guys can create something that symbolizes RA, then by all means go for it. Before you put your creative juices to work, I need to lay down some ground rules. The lawyers amongst you should chime in and make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot. - all entries will be posted in this thread so everyone can see them. - the contest has no strict deadline. If none of the designs are deemed appropriate, we shouldn't feel the need to pick any of them. We'll know that something's right when we see it. - all the users can participate in the voting process, but I reserve the right to make the final decision to use any design. - the selected design becomes the property of RA to avoid potential copyright infringement issues. I don't want a dispute that may affect other users from using RA. - the winner will receive a free copy of RA merchandise with his/her design on it, when the new batch is made. Eternal Rookie: I saw what you came up with last night as I was heading to bed. Unfortunately, I can't see it at work because my company blocks photobucket and other online storage sites. I'm still waiting for the day they block RA. I still remember what it looks like but my memory might be faulty so I'll refrain from doing that for now. Zoom-zoom created several potential logos shortly after this logo design idea. Maybe she can share her designs here. Thank you for your interest in this and have fun! eric :-)
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sure thing, man...here are the best of what I came up with: (this one's kinda incomplete, I think)

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I wish that I had something to contribute, but I am not creative in this way at all. Sorry. Good luck!
        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
        Ringmaster

Well, I like the "Train. Analyze. Improve." because I think it really encapsulates what the site's about. That's just my two cents. But keep 'em coming! I can't wait to see more!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
          Mile by Mile

thumbs up!

I'll work on a few designs too. I wish I would have known sooner... I could have given this as an assignment in my Graphic Design class. I have quite a few students who are also runners.
            2010 Goals
            1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
            2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
            3. sub 30 min 5k
            4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
            Eternal Rookie

I downloaded some free software (costs you your email address) to try and create some semi professional looking designs (at least better than my drawings). I like zoom-zoom’s flame idea so I’ll play with that awhile too. Does anyone know the 2 fonts that are used in RunningAHEAD? http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/DrawPlus/default.asp
                I'm surprised this hasn't generated more responses. I like ZZ's a lot but would like to see even more.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I downloaded some free software (costs you your email address) to try and create some semi professional looking designs (at least better than my drawings). I like zoom-zoom’s flame idea so I’ll play with that awhile too. Does anyone know the 2 fonts that are used in RunningAHEAD? http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/DrawPlus/default.asp
                  I asked Eric the same question and here's the reply:
                  Running: Franklin Gothic Heavy Italic AHEAD: Verdana Bold

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Zoomy -- great signs! I especially like the "one-way" version.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I asked Eric the same question and here's the reply: Running: Franklin Gothic Heavy Italic AHEAD: Verdana Bold
                      That's funny - I asked Eric too! Here's a quick entry from me. Hopefully more will follow.... --steve --www.runbulldogrun.com

Outside Lane

Just a thought - but consider forgetting about the ".com" in your designs - look at the logo at the top of this page (no .com). Think about the Yahoo logo - the MSN logo - the Google logo - the anything logo. ".com" doesn't need to be there. I know there is ".net" and ".whatever" - but I just think you may be more creative if you drop the requirement to include ".com" .... just a thought... I will go back to being a spectator now....

See how they run...

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Just a thought - but consider forgetting about the ".com" in your designs - look at the logo at the top of this page (no .com). Think about the Yahoo logo - the MSN logo - the Google logo - the anything logo. ".com" doesn't need to be there. I know there is ".net" and ".whatever" - but I just think you may be more creative if you drop the requirement to include ".com" .... just a thought... I will go back to being a spectator now....
                          Understand your thinking here, but remember that the sites above that you cited are ubiquitous. Everyone knows that they are websites. That's not the case (yet) with RA, so the hope is that putting the RA logo (whatever it may be) out there will drive more people to the website. Lose the .com, and no one knows what it is.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I'm a graphic designer so I would be glad to make a few logos for running ahead. But first I need to get my run in for today. In the mean time you can check out my other design work at www.fetrodesign.com I even have a logo for fictitious running store on my site. Enjoy
                              alright three logos to chose from. These are just a few quick rough drafts I am open to changing any of them, so please give some feedback. The first is a simple change of color and a line for those who don't like change The second is a little bit of design work. Not much though. And the third, same font as the second but different graphic.

Lazy idiot

For those confused about "Train. Analyze. Improve." click Nice work everyone! Some nice looking stuff.

Tick tock