RA Logo contest (Read 6946 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like this one from zoom-zoom because it's simple. It would look quite nice with the site colors, me thinks. Then some gutter minded people suggested it could be a bit phallic...
    In that respect it is extra appropriate for this place... Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Half Fanatic #846

I don't believe that an innocuous symbol representing this website (such as a "one way" street arrow) should be discounted simply because someone chooses to make of it something which it is not. We can't cleanse the minds of the gutter-enhanced/pleasant-challenged, nor is it our responsibility to do so. I could object to any round or curved symbol submitted thus far, if I were "gutter minded". Draw me a symbol and I can object to it - but to be valid, my objection must have merit or a basis in fact, defined by what a rational person would believe and/or by what the majority would choose. OK, I feel better now after a little venting. Eric, you've already done a really good job setting the parameters for this little contest. Let's keep it simple!! Roll eyes Carry on. MTA - It will be hard to decide which one to vote for (sorry, is that the wrong choice of words? Wink) - they are all very good. Let's see some more! I wish I had the talent to contribute. Sad

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I like this one from zoom-zoom because it's simple. It would look quite nice with the site colors, me thinks. Then some gutter minded people suggested it could be a bit phallic...
        Consider the source... I'm not a graphic artist (I don't even know what software you people are using), but this slogan would work really well here: RunningAhead.com It's social. Demented and sad, but social.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Consider the source... I'm not a graphic artist (I don't even know what software you people are using), but this slogan would work really well here: RunningAhead.com It's social. Demented and sad, but social.
          I like "RunningAHEAD.com. Buncha friggin' pervs!" Wink

~ Sarah Kay

thumbs up!

Here's one more from me. I wanted to represent differing levels of ability, but I think it also suggests improvement. Web site colors. It also looks good without the tagline at the top.
            2010 Goals
            1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
            2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
            3. sub 30 min 5k
            4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
              that's pretty cool! Like it...
                Consider the source... I'm not a graphic artist (I don't even know what software you people are using), but this slogan would work really well here: RunningAhead.com It's social. Demented and sad, but sociall.
                Man - RunningAhead and "The Breakfast Club" all at once. This is getting intense. I like it, though.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

thumbs up!

OK, so I guess I've used the running dude symbol enough now. But, I had a few more ideas I had to get down on "paper".

2010 Goals
                  1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
                  2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
                  3. sub 30 min 5k
                  4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
                  March

Here is a concept I whipped up. I think the original logo has a lot of good qualities but needed a little polish. I tried to create a stand alone icon for Running Ahead. Running Ahead should be as cool as Nike or Adidas. I think it could really sell some shirts. It still needs a little work, but I would love some feed back. Thanks.
                      Here is a concept I whipped up. I think the original logo has a lot of good qualities but needed a little polish. I tried to create a stand alone icon for Running Ahead. Running Ahead should be as cool as Nike or Adidas. I think it could really sell some shirts. It still needs a little work, but I would love some feed back. Thanks.
                      My favourite so far.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that is cool...I like the way the RA graphic looks a bit like Rx...'cause this place is my prescription for health and sanity (well, less insanity, at least). Smile

~ Sarah Kay

March

Some other ideas. Cheers.
                            Some other ideas. Cheers.
                            Very nice!

Michelle

Ringmaster

March, your "RA" logo looks exactly like what I had in mind--quick, efficient, and kind of what Zoomy says, something like your prescription for improving your running--but I'm too techie-challenged to bring it to life on the screen. I like it!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                              Mile by Mile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, the second design uses ORANGE. I like March's creations best, so far. Big grin Of the 3 blue/orange ones I think I like the top 2 arrow designs best...though the runner one is pretty sweet, too. Very nice and bold, clean, simple.

~ Sarah Kay