RA Logo contest (Read 6946 times)

March

Hey Lefty, just visit www.imageshack.us, browse the jpeg off your desktop, host it, and then copy and paste the Hotlink for Websites code (third from the bottom) into your post. Also you can delete everything after the "< br="" />". Cheers.
      Finally got around to making another logo, hopefully I will have time to make more over the next few days.
          Ok fetro, remember the KISS method? You've gone too far.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

pRed, how do you figure that I have taken it to far. Please elaborate I would love to know.
              pRed, how do you figure that I have taken it to far. Please elaborate I would love to know.
              Opposite of simple.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

I tweaked the last logo based on some comments. I think the grey sub head and line works better because it doesn't compete with the main text. Also I wanted to see how the logo would function across different applications. (Blame the day job) Let me know what you think. Marcello
                For what it's worth, I think all of these are the strongest so far. Clean, simple, and conveys what the site is about in a visual manner - that's exactly what a logo should be/do. The only tweaking might be around the final appearance of the silhouette - can the torso be made a little less "boxy"? The rear arm blends with the upper body a bit too much I think, but this is a very minor complaint. Good work!
                michael20995

hi Big grin
                  jasohill

I agree. The ones just above my post and amazing. If the little dude could be a little more gender neutral, I'd think you'd have a winner. BTW, just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am also a coolrunning refugee.
                      There is no need for the "little dude" to be gender specific. That's what's F'up about this whole century. It does not matter. We, as a country can go three steps forward in some areas, but there are those that keep wanting to take three steps back. "It's a runner, for GOD'S sake, go with it and quit being such a feminist". My wife said so.

Ricky

obiebyke

pRED-- Would it offend you for the runner to be gender neutral? If not, please respect those to whom it matters, and leave your politics out of it.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Marquess of Utopia

Is the image a man? It could be a women wearing longer shorts.
                          obiebyke

Ha! Love it, eispeckel. Even funnier than your pre-modified post. Big grin

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

pRED-- Would it offend you for the runner to be gender neutral? If not, please respect those to whom it matters, and leave your politics out of it.
                              Sorry if I offended. I just felt like nick-picking, like the ones before me who felt the need as well. I'm not political, but I did come on too strong. Sorry. Tough day and all. But what would constitute a gender-neutral image anyway. The runner in question has no bumps, top or bottom.

Ricky

Kenotic Runner

For what it's worth, I think all of these are the strongest so far. Clean, simple, and conveys what the site is about in a visual manner - that's exactly what a logo should be/do. The only tweaking might be around the final appearance of the silhouette - can the torso be made a little less "boxy"? The rear arm blends with the upper body a bit too much I think, but this is a very minor complaint. Good work!
                                I agree. Also for what it's worth. I wonder if it would be good to have both male and female versions. When people order shirts, they can get men's shirts with a little running man in the logo on the shirt, when women order women's shirts they can get a little running women in the logo. As for the site, I would guess that Eric could add a squidge of "personalization" logic for the logo display... if (user.gender is female) then display the running women version of the logo else display then running man version of the logo endif For non-authenticated users, I suppose it could use one or the other or toggle or whatever. Just an alternative to an androgenous runner person...