Tagging Runs (Read 227 times)

Not dead. Yet.

What do you think about giving users the ability to "tag" their runs.  It would be an easy way to allow all kinds of user specific functionality without specifically adding each feature.  For example, I have been running with friends recently, and was looking for a way to add that to a workout and then be able to filter on it.  No need to add a new friend field, just allow me to tag my run with the words "Ryan" and "Alfredo" and then be able to filter on those terms.  Another example is that I am just beginning to train with a Camelbak.  Instead of adding a field for every user's different piece of equipment used on a run, just allow us to tag.  Then I would add a tag called "Camelbak" and then be able to later filter on that term and see how long and how many workouts I have been training with it.

I think it could be useful for lots of other things as well.  I might have tagged my run this morning as: "camelbak", "Ryan", "Alfredo", "Cheseboro", "hills", "trail"

Thanks for considering it!

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

joescott

I like it.  I've always wanted to be able to search on what's in the notes.  Tags would be a good step that would accomplish a lot of that same functionality.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I like it, too.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I would likely tag for windchill of certain temp.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Hoban-Jay

This would be the ONLY feature that I would request.  It would be incredibly versatile for any runner for answering a multitude of our needs.

jdmcgregor

All business

I like this too.  Until then, I download my log just to run a search of the notes section in the excel file.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Not dead. Yet.

bump.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Ulf Lundh

i would also love this feature. Im in the process of transitioning to minimalistic shoes and would like to track how much i have run in them. Since i use several minimalistic shoes i cannot sort by equipment. If i could tag those runs with 'minimalistic' i could graph those runs.

Started running to better my physics 2012. First Marathon 2013. First Ultra Marathon 2014. First Ironman 70.3 2015 . First Ironman 2016. 
                  Like long runs better than short.

jeffdonahue

i would also love this feature. Im in the process of transitioning to minimalistic shoes and would like to track how much i have run in them. Since i use several minimalistic shoes i cannot sort by equipment. If i could tag those runs with 'minimalistic' i could graph those runs.

For this option, you could just create a new run type - instead of intervals or fartleks, just call it minimalist shoe run.  When I ran barefoot for a while, i did this.  I created a new run called "Easy (barefoot)"

run-chris-run

Agreed, this would be great. jeffdonahue, I think that makes sense for one tag/type per run, but what if you have an interval (fartlek, long run, whatever) that you want to categorize as minimalist as well? Tags let us add multiple arbitrary categories to a run. I would abuse this feature, actually Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

For this option, you could just create a new run type - instead of intervals or fartleks, just call it minimalist shoe run.  When I ran barefoot for a while, i did this.  I created a new run called "Easy (barefoot)"

This approach of proliferating the possibilities across different axes ("Easy barefoot", "Interval shoes", "Long shoes trails") seems to me to kind of suggests tagging as a way to handle the axes more easily.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Ulf Lundh

i could do that if tagging runs dont get implemented. Thanks for the tip!

Started running to better my physics 2012. First Marathon 2013. First Ultra Marathon 2014. First Ironman 70.3 2015 . First Ironman 2016. 
                          Like long runs better than short.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Great suggestion!

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

This would indeed be very cool.

Francois Nel

I would love this feature! I run with a backpack on most (but not all) runs. Currently a put the initials "Bp" in my notes, but there is no way to filter this via the reports feature. It would be great to tag it and then filter by that tag!