14 min 5k , is that good enough. (Read 1139 times)

Quote from WrigleyGirl on 4/10/2013 at 12:36 PM:

Not everyone can be a good runner. You can always do what many mediocre runners do and turn to triathlons.

your response....

That's the laugh I needed for today!

I thought you used to do Triathlons?

Do they become faster after they retire from triathlons, or did you stay mediocre?

(That's the laugh I needed for today! Smile)

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Don't listen to these haters man.

Mcmillan Calculator has you running a 2:16:25 of your 14:00/5k. Say you messed up the watch a tad on the run. That easily a 2:16:33. That would put you in the money for some marathons. Screw the 5k and go straight to the 26.2.

That would require some training, and i don't really have the time to train like that. One of my friends on a climbing site runs ALOT, gonna try a marathon this year. He's ALWAYS runnin. Besides i get bored easily, can't run more than 5-6 miles.

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

That would have to be done alpine style. Lets get back on track, some of you guys are hatin' on my time.

Nobody is hatin' we are in awe of you, bro. If you're doing 14 flat just cruising along rocking to your tunes, what do you think you could do if you really tried and were breathing heavy and sweating at the end? Maybe on a nice flat track. Maybe 20 seconds faster, like 13:40? That would probably be ok to enter some races, like maybe the Olympics. 13:40 would have  won you the gold medal in London last year. And you're doing that just jogging around out of shape! So incredibly gifted and talented, I'm jealous.

You should just jump in the next diamond league meet for steeplechase. Race is over in like 8 minutes or something and you get to jump over stuff so it's not boring.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Not totally out of shape, i just started running again last week.

JimR

You should just jump in the next diamond league meet for steeplechase. Race is over in like 8 minutes or something and you get to jump over stuff so it's not boring.

They could put zombies near the jumps.

Slo

Do they become faster after they retire from triathlons, or did you stay mediocre?

(That's the laugh I needed for today! Smile)

No, not faster.

Just a fatter bank account

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Not totally out of shape, i just started running again last week.

Cool but you didn't answer the question. What do think you could run with a little training, and trying your hardest? 14 minutes just cruising along would have to be 13:30 or 13 flat if you were really trying right? That would be really cool.

joescott

Is this still fun for everybody?  I dunno.  It was fun for a while.  It's starting to bore and irritate me and I'm tempted to see if one of the "powers" could just get out the elephant gun and call it a day.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

JimR

Is this still fun for everybody?  I dunno.  It was fun for a while.  It's starting to bore and irritate me and I'm tempted to see if one of the "powers" could just get out the elephant gun and call it a day.

Red bird's court case isn't til the 30th.  We gotta pass the time somehow.

You're gonna get me kicked off for a 14 min 5k, oh, ok.

I've taken a few years off from running , and just got back into it last week. I started out running a mile, then 2, so yesterday i was like what the hell. Lets try a 5k, was running down by the water in my town. I timed myself at 14 min flat, was wondering if that would be good enough to join a race.

Prolly, brah.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

That's all i was asking, since none of my friends run.

Hoodoo Guru

Fixed it for ya.

Not everyone can be a good runner. You can always do what many mediocre runners do and turn to ultras.

You're welcome.

The tangents are moot.