How do you clean your shoes? (Read 1572 times)

It would be 2lb if they did weigh a bag of sugar each.

£2 seems to weigh 18g, which is the same weight as those £2 socks when they're dry.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

xor

Well, in fairness, twas only a pound for both socks total:

>> Can you imagine running while carrying half a pound bag of sugar in each hand? It would get kind of tiring.

Anyway, carrying a 20oz bottle in each hand for 50 miles does get a little tiring, but I've not noticed it really.  Other stuff, yes.

MrH

Well, which is it? 2 pounds or 21 grams??

And what's that in groats, farthings, florins, shillings, crowns and guineas?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

drrbradford

You all bit my troll bait with such vigour. I thought the [flame][\flame] tags should have made it so very obvious I was being cheekily inflammatory!

The tone was light-hearted and fancy free, mainly just trying to explain my choice. Sorry if you misread it as aggressive Mr. Lopez, but I swear at all my closest friends. I'm still not going to wear socks because I don't like to but I have nothing against people who do. Although I suspect you'll never feel that my reasons are acceptable. Also, I'm going to let the contradiction in your last post slide.

Hoppity: stop talking about cankles, plodding along etc etc and accept that you are a runner whether you like it or not and irregardless of what you wear/don't wear while you practice our art.

Heh.  I do have cankles.  I am a happy cankled hobbyjogger or punter or whatever I might be.   I think troll bait tastes good even when you know it's bait.

I can't be a runner, I'm sure there must be some elitist definition whereby the pace I run puts me purely in jogger territory, even if I don't wear a lot of cotton and fleece, with even more cotton and fleece tied around my waist, some chunky great shoes, very expensive socks, and carry a water bottle in each hand for my 2 mile shuffle.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

drrbradford

Being a runner has nothing to do with the pace at which you cover ground. 

Can I point out that I own a pair of SealSkinz socks which cost £25.

I own calf sleeves that cost £31.

Sadly I might actually have to start spending money on thin socks as Decathlon have stopped making the ones that I like.  Boo hiss.

Runner, jogger, punter, hobbyjogger, bimbly, whatever.  It's all kind of fun.  Or stupid.  Or both.  And it all requires some of washing shoes, washing socks,  smelly shoes and smelly socks.  And random streaks of mud on bits of your legs that shouldn't have mud on them unless you unintentionally gimp up your style every now and again.

drrbradford

http://www.startfitness.co.uk/prodtype.asp?strParents=3709,4122&CAT_ID=3759&numRecordPosition=1

The More Mile New York/London socks are perennially on offer (three or four pairs for £10), they last for thousands of miles and are incredibly comfortable. Although, since I rarely actually run in them you probably shouldn't trust me.

CHIDavid

I have tried the newspaper route and it just doesn't make the "smell" go away.  I have the misfortune of being a heavy sweater.

My shoes are usually very wet after any run over 5 or 6 miles.  Soak them breifly in a mild detergent and scrub them gently with a soft bristle brush or rag.  Let them air dry and you a good to go.  Of course you need to have several pairs of shoes to rotate through.  By the end of my shoes 400+ miles, they are still in great shape for cruising around and do not have any significant smell.