Trouble Uploading from Garmin 305 (Read 558 times)

Old Running Guy!

Everything was going fine, I was uploading all my runs and races with no problem.  Now I get the message 'No GPS device connected'.  Everything appears to be ok, Garmin 305 is sitting on the 'cradle' which is connected to the computer.  I have disconnected everything and started over and still the same result.

Any suggestions?

Run Run Run

2012 Goals
    Complete Dances with Dirt extreme trail relay.

1800 miles total

Run the Legend Trail Half Marathon

Run the Timber Trail XT 8 mile extreme trail run

You'll ruin your knees!

you might try wiping the connection points on the back of the device as well as on the cradle.  I have had a few issues with the garmin not being connected and repeated attempts to connect were successful.  Make sure the cradle is attached to a usb port!   disconnect and reconnect and keep trying... it's worth it!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

tpb44

I have had the same problem uploading.  I am able to charge the 305 through the usb cable on the computer but I am not able to upload any of my runs.
        Marylander

Try plugging into a different USB port. This is a pretty common problem with USB devices...

Kirk

evanflein

I just started having a similar problem. Tonight, my Garmin 305 would only download 84% of the tracks from my last run. Everything seems to be going ok, then it just stops. I've restarted both the computer and the Garmin... no help.
            SloMike

I have had the same problem uploading.  I am able to charge the 305 through the usb cable on the computer but I am not able to upload any of my runs.

I had the exact same problem recently and with mine, it ended up being the USB cable that was defective. I tried one from an MP3 player and now it works perfectly.