Stevie Ray asks a pre-Christmas favor (Read 1532 times)

Can someone explain to me how network CBS circa late 70s got away with a character named "Cooter" on Dukes of Hazard?

mahalo

-----True Story... And I know I will lose massive cool points for saying this.... My Dad's Nickname in the '70's as called by his own mother was "Cooter".  Hey, it was a different time then!  Didn't have the connotation then that it did now.  I notice no one calls him that in modern times though, that is for certain.  (I am losing ever more cool points for admitting this top secret family shit, I know :-)

I used to love watching Dukes of Hazzard when I was a young kid in the early '80's.  I had the idea... For a moment... of naming my twins "Bo" and "Luke".  But that passed very, very quickly.  Like in a nanosecond.  --Hell, I got enough grief in the '80's for being named "Kris with a K" long before having that name with a K as a boy was cool.... (Still not Cool, but at least Kasey Kahne has broken the barrier on such "k" names for dudes.

What was the main point?  Oh!  Yes.  2 points... 1.  Perfessors since of humor I like :-) and more important, #2,  SRL, I hope that all turns out fine and that you are through the woods for a good long while and have a superb 2013 racing season.  What event are you looking most forward to in 2013 if I may ask?

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

xor

New Year's Eve, 2013.

New Year's Eve, 2013.

The "Peanut Island" 24-Hour New Years Eve 2013 race in FL?

(Or did I completely miss a joke here?) :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

You got this. You are SR freaking L!

...listen to the thunder

So far so good!  Glad to hear it!

Run, Eat, Repeat.

I don't get any of the jokes and references, but I'm glad there is good news for the important systems. Hopefully that includes the transport system.

Mr MattM

The "Peanut Island" 24-Hour New Years Eve 2013 race in FL?

(Or did I completely miss a joke here?) :-)

I suspect the 'event' is simply NYE 2013... as in, another year.  Funny thing is, none of us know if we get another year, but a few of us really know just how precious and precarious that proposition is... so, live like you're dying... because, really, you are.  We all are.

be curious; not judgmental

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

I don't get any of the jokes and references, but I'm glad there is good news for the important systems.

+1 on both points. I thought this was a non-native american-english speaker thing for #1....

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Outstanding, SRL, very, very glad to hear the good update.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

MrNamtor

SRL, I have never been able to even figure out how you do what you do, and how you are who you are. All i know is that I don't think there's anything on earth that is seriously going to stop you in the foreseeable future.