Stevie Ray asks a pre-Christmas favor (Read 1532 times)

A Saucy Wench

She's pretty famous for leaving ingrediments out of things.  I can tell you first hand that pumpkin pie without sugar LOOKS LIKE pumpkin pie.  But it does not TASTE LIKE pumpkin pie.

The place we went to for thanksgiving this year made pumpkin pie without spices.  "for the kids".  bleh....Like paste.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Hoodoo Guru

My mom made grilled cheese sandwiches without taking the plastic off the cheese slices. Took me a while to convince her something was wrong. My wife topped that by making french onion soup and forgetting to take the wrapper off the cheese slice she floated on top. Took me even longer to convince her something was not right.

Best wishes SR.

The tangents are moot.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My mother once (in her early cooking days) made a pumpkin pie with the intention of impressing a guest.  She opted out of dessert, and left my father and guest to eat it politely in spite of the two tablespoons of ginger vs. 1/2 teaspoon it was supposed to have.

A Saucy Wench

Well truth be told at thanksgiving I put cayenne in my pumpkin pie instead of chile powder (chile powder is GOOD).  It needed mucho whipped cream but it eventually kind of grew on me.  I would do it on purpose again, but not for the kiddos.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Snarl snarl.

Got to this one late. SRL, my thoughts are with you, man. Hope you've got some good news.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

A little late for the party, but I managed to listen for a few minutes on Christmas Eve.

xor

Thanks again folks.  I hope it was a pretty good party.  I appreciated it very much.

The news came back mostly positive.  VERY positive in one until-today worrisome aspect: the evil was not detected in my spine nor brain.  I shall focus on that happiness today. Still indefinite medicines and tests and bleh in the near future... but not the super duper gnarly ones.

No, my hair has not fallen out.  Yes, I may chop it off anyway.  Is ok; I had chopped hair by choice dating back to 2000, the last time I had medically-related baldness... I only started growing it out again in 2011.

No, I am not cooking meth like Mr White.

Yes, I have taken to tracking my walks in my running log.  It's my log, shut up.

No, I do not turn into the hulk when I get angry. Nor can I cling to the sides of buildings like spiderman.

Yes, the pudding is delicious.

Glad to hear this! Thanks for the update.

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Thanks again folks.  I hope it was a pretty good party.  I appreciated it very much.

The news came back mostly positive.  VERY positive in one until-today worrisome aspect: the evil was not detected in my spine nor brain.  I shall focus on that happiness today. Still indefinite medicines and tests and bleh in the near future... but not the super duper gnarly ones.

No, my hair has not fallen out.  Yes, I may chop it off anyway.  Is ok; I had chopped hair by choice dating back to 2000, the last time I had medically-related baldness... I only started growing it out again in 2011.

No, I am not cooking meth like Mr White.

Yes, I have taken to tracking my walks in my running log.  It's my log, shut up.

No, I do not turn into the hulk when I get angry. Nor can I cling to the sides of buildings like spiderman.

Yes, the pudding is delicious.

Nooooo don't cut the hair! Not the hair! Smile

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

xor

You likee combover?

Also, the secret codeword of the day is... tapioca.

HermosaBoy

You likee combover?

I thought it was tse tse fly?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

xor

You, sir, are using an out-of-date codebook.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Tapioca is my fave!

Good is good.  As is walking.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

You likee combover?

I will braid it for you! But not if you are eating tapioca.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Queen of 3rd Place

Was wondering when we'd get some news! No CNS involvement is VERY GOOD news! Walking is good. Tapioca is beyond good.

Ex runner