Garmin download (Read 724 times)

JGrath

I'm a cool running refugee and so far I'm very impressed with this site. I was depressed when cool running was no longer working, but this is an outstanding alternative. I don't want to be a whiner but as an enhancement it could be really cool if we could download our garmin data directly into the log. I'm sure this would be a living nightmare to program, but it's just a thought!
      Eric is actually working on this... stay tuned!
      Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

I'm a cool running refugee and so far I'm very impressed with this site. I was depressed when cool running was no longer working, but this is an outstanding alternative. I don't want to be a whiner but as an enhancement it could be really cool if we could download our garmin data directly into the log. I'm sure this would be a living nightmare to program, but it's just a thought!
        Yes - Eric has this in his plan but it is proving to be a very challenging piece of work that is taking a while to complete (Eric has already shared some of the progress in other threads - you can use the search facility to locate these). Eric has very high standards for the site (rightly so) and will want the GARMIN stuff to meet these high standards before it is released. We must all remember that this is not his day job, and the current workload helping CR users get their logs transfered successfully will be adding to the workload. All I know is that when GPS upload is available then it will be good - we have not been let down yet! Welcome to the RA world and happy holidays! Neil Smile

Running ... just keep running!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Coming soon, from what I understand. But Eric wants to make sure that it is foolproof. And even Garmin proof Wink