Microsoft Zune 80GB (Read 540 times)

Anybody have any experience with the Microsoft Zune 80GB? I'm not wanting to run with it because I have a much smaller MP3 player, but more of something to watch videos on since I'm in the Army reserves and when we do our training there's plenty of down time (especially on the ride there) so I think a Zune will be nice to watch during the down time. Does anybody have experience with this product? Are you glad you purchased it? Would you recommend getting the protection plan with it?
    "The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven or hell." –John Milton "Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."

Dave

I'm an Ipod guy but the reviews on the new Zune models have been generally good. I wouldn't run with any of the hard drive based players though since eventually you may damage the hard drive with all the movement. There is a buffer to reduce the likelihood that you're reading from it when it gets shocked but I wouldn't risk it (although I see lots of people running with them). The Zune is supposed to be great for video though.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My hubby bought me one for my birthday in Sept. I've not had any problems with it and the video is really clear. The only thing that I have noted is that it is hard to see if the movie is dark. Example - Ghost Rider my grand-daughter wanted to watch was hard to see dark night action scenes. It might have been better if it had been dark instead of daylight while we were traveling. I did not feel like I could run with the Zune, so I went out and bought a cheap MP3 player for that purpose. I didn't even think about the protection plan so can't help you there. I'm glad I have it, very nice sound. Hope that helps. Smile

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

I don't have any intention of running with it. I have a much smaller, cheaper mp3 player that I run with. Just want it for the video and picture capabilities.
          "The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven or hell." –John Milton "Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."