All time favorite albums (Read 1057 times)

Mishka-old log

Top 8, in no particular order after #1. I feel like I should go to 10, but these really stand out for me against everything else: #1, Neutral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane Over the Sea Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream John Frusciante - Smile From the Streets You Hold Elliot Smith - X/O Sigur Ros - ( ) Jeff Buckley - Grace Alice in Chains - Facelift Tool - Undertow
    Mishka-old log

Dude, I wore out my cassette of "Sports". And no once admits it, but everyone likes that first Hootie album.
      Nerd. Oh, and I'll admit to the first Hootie album. I have it. I still play it. I've karaoke'd once in my life...Only Wanna Be With You.

Get back up!

The Clash - London Calling The Ramones - s/t Guns N Roses - Apetite for Destruction Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska Jawbreaker - Dear You Beach Boys - Pet Sounds Lifetime - Jersey's Best Dancers Minor Threat - Discography Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat Pixies - Surfa Rosa
        Live your heart and never follow.

All business

In no particular order: Murder City Devils - In Name and Blood Pixies - Doolittle Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Areoplane Over the Sea Old 97's - Too Far to Care Velvet Underground - VU Social Distortion - Somewhere Between Heven and Hell Ramones - All that stuff and more vol I

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Get back up!

In no particular order: Murder City Devils - In Name and Blood
            I love that album.
            Live your heart and never follow.
              This month, I've been listening to the Stone Roses (breaking into heaven, elephant stone, i wanna be adored, etc) and numerous covers of The Cure's "Just Like Heaven". Favorite Albums...hmmm... here lately... Tree63 Self Titled (Somewhat U2-ish) Mute Math Self Tiltled

Vim

pitrunner

So anyway... My all time favorite album is Madman Across the Water by Elton John.
                Totally agree with this, and also: Dave Matthews - any album but Stand Up Bare Naked Ladies - Rock Spectacle Pete Yorn - Music for the Morning After Radiohead - Ok Computer & Kid A The Killers - Hot Fuss & Sam's Town ELO - Greatest Hits Skynyrd - all of it (love running to Skynyrd, even the slow stuff) Sublime - Sublime & 40 oz. Looks I'm alone on these: Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death (1 and 2) Wu Tang - Enter the Wu Tang (36 Chambers) Jay Z - The Blueprint

The Greatest of All Time

Damn Globule. No, everyone did not like the first Hootie album. While Hold My Hand got more spins than some people's moms it still sucked. My pathetic little life only requires one album to satisfy me: DSOTM
                  all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

U2: Joshua Tree, Actung Baby, Rattle & Hum Hendrix: Are You Experienced? Commitments Soundtrack

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bare Naked Ladies - Rock Spectacle
                      That's the live one, right? YES, that IS a fantastic album. How did I forget that one? DS really likes that, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

pitrunner

That's the live one, right? YES, that IS a fantastic album. How did I forget that one? DS really likes that, too.
                        Yes, that's the one! Brian Wilson is a great running song. Strangely enough I've never really liked any of their regular studio albums. They're really funny live though.
                          In no order This Years Model - Elvis Costello Quadrophenia - The Who Highway 61 Revisitied - Dylan American Beauty - The Dead Abandoned Luncheonette - Hall and Oates Londons Calling - Clash Out of Time - REM Countdown to Ectasy - Steely Dan Bringing it all Back Home - Dylan Small Change - Tom Waits Nevermind - Nirvana Avalon - Roxy Music My Aim is True - Elvis Costello Hot Rocks - Greatest Hits Albums should not be allowed,, but this is one exception. <can>>> </can>
                          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Damn Globule. No, everyone did not like the first Hootie album.
                            There are three kinds of people in the world: a) People who like Cracked Rear View 2) People who say that hate Cracked Rear View, but secretly like it. D) People who hate Cracked Rear View with every fiber of their being, but at a deep subconscious level, actually like it without ever realizing it. You, my brother, are the third. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

John Frusciante - Smile From the Streets You Hold
                              I did not know Frusciante had any solo stuff. I think he's one of the best current guitarists out there.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

If I was to go out right now and buy 3 albums/CD's ( just 3 mind you ) that I would actually listen to on a weekly basis from now till I died and NOT get tired of, they would be these..... 1) AC/DC - Back in Black 2) Nirvana - Nevermind 3) Prince - Purple Rain

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka