All time favorite albums (Read 1057 times)

JakeKnight

If I was to go out right now and buy 3 albums/CD's ( just 3 mind you ) that I would actually listen to on a weekly basis from now till I died and NOT get tired of, they would be these..... 1) AC/DC - Back in Black 2) Nirvana - Nevermind 3) Prince - Purple Rain
    Pssst. Good to see you around. Nice to meet you last weekend. And good album choices. Two out of three are two of the greatest ever. You can guess which two.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

AroundTheHorn

Tool - Aenima NIN - The Fragile Deftones - Adrenaline Tiesto - In Search of Sunrise Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
      Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Sting Ten Summoner's Tales

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Black Sabbath - Paranoid Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison U2 - Boy, October, War Pogues - Rum, Sodomy & the Lash Clash - London Calling Sonic Youth - Washing Machine, Thousand Leaves Grateful Dead - American Beauty Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen The Band - Last Waltz Patty Smith - Horses AC/DC - Back in Black REM - Life's Rich Pagaent Hair - Soundtrack Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited Anthology of American Folk Music Neil Young - Live Rust Metallica - lots Of course, I know I am missing obvious ones. Will no doubt update.
            Do not know any album titles, but I'd say I really like Merle Haggard as well.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

And good album choices. Two out of three are two of the greatest ever. You can guess which two.
              Pretty sure you dissed Prince there, so I found this for ya in Wikipedia: The 1000th issue of Entertainment Weekly dated July 4, 2008 listed Purple Rain at number one on the Top 100 Best albums of the past 25 years.[2]

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Think Whirled Peas

Prince Rules. Of this, there is no debate. I'm in pRED's corner on this one.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Lia's Daddy

I will have to think about this one. Two off the top of my head are: The Hold Steady- Separation Sunday Bob Dylan- Desire On a side not, it was interesting to see that several people mentioned Neutral Milk Hotel. I just got that cd and love it. I have listened to it several times. With over 37,000 songs in my audio collection that is saying a lot!
                  "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen

Imminent Catastrophe

Don't worry, my 3-year old knows almost all the lyrics to Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner. Which reminds me I gotta video her doing that. Also, I need to video her and her sister singing the Immigrant Song.
                    Well, that has to be the funniest thing I've read in a long time. That is one cool 3-year-old! Does she know "Lawyers, Guns and Money"? If you get videos of her, please post. That would be classic. BTW +1 on "Excitable Boy". GREAT album. MTA: You'll probably want to avoid teaching her the lyrics to the title track.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Do not know any album titles, but I'd say I really like Merle Haggard as well.
                      Ditto on Mearle. I have "In My Next Life" and "One Day at a Time" on my I-Pod.
                      Do bears bear? Do bees be?
                      xor

Rubber Soul and Revolver, I think of them as a double album Can't Buy a Thrill, until the movie Mask ruined it for me Joshua Judges Ruth Led Zeppelin IV, or whatever the kids call it these days Boston Eye in the Sky

Some great albums mentioned. Am I really the only Madman Across the Water fan? Surprised

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

Imminent Catastrophe

...Led Zeppelin IV, or whatever the kids call it these days ...
                            First of all Rat, you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi." Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it." Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?" Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice." And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV. Name that movie.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Mishka-old log

I did not know Frusciante had any solo stuff. I think he's one of the best current guitarists out there.
                              He actually has 10 solo albums. Much of the first 2 were recorded before he left the Chili Peppers in 92. A couple tracks off the 2nd one were recorded when he was in the midst of his drug addiction and it's very obvioius which tracks. He's an incredibly talented guitarist (as you said) and almost as good of a songwriter in my opinion. His vocals are a long way from what would be considered acceptable to most ears. But if you imagine his voice as another instrument channeling raw feeling and emotion you might come away with a different perspective.
                              pitrunner

Some great albums mentioned. Am I really the only Madman Across the Water fan? Surprised
                                No way! I said it was one of mine too (page 3). It was probably overshadowed by my love of rap.