All time favorite albums (Read 1057 times)

Ok...One from each decade that I've buying music..... 1970s - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway - Genesis 1980s - So - Peter Gabriel 1990s - OK Computer - Radiohead 2000s - Edit Music for a Film: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Reconstruction Disc 2 - UNKLE ...and a wildcard all time favourite.. Girls, Girls, Girls - Elvis Costello's Greatest Hits
    Wow. VERY nicely done. I'd probably toss "So". Like it but don't LOVE it. I'd throw "PG Plays Live" in there instead. OK Computer is brilliant and always in my ipod. The crescendo in "Let Down" gives me chills every time I hear it. And when people think that 80's music is such MTV crap like Culture Club and all that synthesized, over-produced pop i point to Elvis Costello, R.E.M., U2, Peter Gabriel and, yes, Grateful Dead and ask, "Why?"

Supa Dupa Fly

Radiohead - OK Computer Weezer - Pinkerton and the Blue Album 311 - Transistor Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique DMB - Under the table and dreaming ABBA - Gold Everclear - So much for the afterglow Jane's Addiction - Nothings Shocking Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill Prince - Purple Rain Third Eye Blind - Third Eye Blind
      ~TC --There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't--
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Paradise is arguably the greatest Karaoke song ever. At least for a duo. Especially if you've got the Phil Rizzuto bit memorized. And can find a partner to make out with you while you sing it.
        Alright, you can handle the Phil Rizzuto bit, but I am not gonna make out with you.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

Alright, you can handle the Phil Rizzuto bit, but I am not gonna make out with you.
          Dude. Chill. We'll only get to third base. And you're no Lance Bass. This is a swamp conversation, isn't it?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

Run the race God set B4U

OOOPs!!!! Sorry to get you in trouble Jeff! I guess I made you admit your guilty pleasure in liking Duran Duran. Yes, I was a Duranie in the 80's Smile A man that can admit that he likes Duran is WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink
            5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
            JakeKnight

A man that can admit that he likes Duran is WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink
              Things I've learned at RA today: If you wanna score with the ladies, wear women's underwear and listen to really lame '80s bands. They love that.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

OOOPs!!!! Sorry to get you in trouble Jeff! I guess I made you admit your guilty pleasure in liking Duran Duran. Yes, I was a Duranie in the 80's Smile
                Oh, don't worry about him.. The ape isn't trouble. He gets worked up and throws his poop at us every now and then, but he's really harmless. And he's in a foul mood because Tanya owns him.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Run the race God set B4U

Things I've learned at RA today: If you wanna score with the ladies, wear women's underwear and listen to really lame '80s bands. They love that.
                  Negative on the women's underwear!!!!!

Run the race God set B4U

Oh, don't worry about him.. The ape isn't trouble. He gets worked up and throws his poop at us every now and then, but he's really harmless. And he's in a foul mood because Tanya owns him.
                    Big grin Big grin Big grin
                    JakeKnight

I'm only harmless if you like poop. And thou mustn't speak her name aloud. The Hated One is always listening.

There are so many great ones.....but If I had to pick ONE and only ONE......it would have to be the Beatles White Albumn.....If someone told me that I could only listen to ONE albumn for the rest of my time.......it would be a no brainer.....BEATLES WHITE ALBUMN.... Shocked

Champions are made when no one is watching

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

There are so many great ones.....but If I had to pick ONE and only ONE......it would have to be the Beatles White Albumn.....If someone told me that I could only listen to ONE albumn for the rest of my time.......it would be a no brainer.....BEATLES WHITE ALBUMN.... Shocked
                          Actually, I was thinking the same thing last night. It's not my favorite album. Not even my favorite album from the Beatles. But it managed to cover almost the entirety of 20th century popular music on 4 sides of vinyl. From surf-rock (Back in the USSR) to heavy metal (Helter Skelter) to folk (Blackbird) to music-hall vaudeville (Honey Pie) to avant garde weirdness (Revolution No. 9) to blues (Why Don't We Do It in the Road) to pure heart-wrenching beauty ("Julia").

pitrunner

Third Eye Blind - Third Eye Blind
                            An amazing album...one of my favorites. As long as you skip over everything that was released for the radio.

Supa Dupa Fly

Third Eye Blind - Third Eye Blind An amazing album...one of my favorites. As long as you skip over everything that was released for the radio.
                              I like the stuff that was on the radio too, but i agree that the last 7 songs on the cd that weren't on the radio are AMAZING.
                              ~TC --There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't--
                              xor

I moved up to Seattle in 95, just as grunge was kinda fading as a fad... anyway... I do a thread every now and then called "movies which did not age gracefully". You know, stuff that seemed totally awesome at the time, but isn't that watchable these days. If there was a similar thread for albums, Nirvana's Nevermind surely would make my list. Yeah, it was important at the time. I guess. But not really in the big scheme of things. I find 3/4ths of that album to be pretty boring really. (that said, I still listen to the Nirvana Unplugged album from time to time. That's stood up much better than Nevermind... though maybe it's just because I'm old now and my ears can't take all those x7 (A7, etc) chords all distorted and played at 11.)