All time favorite albums (Read 1057 times)

C-R

How sad is it that I have never seen it...?
    Two hours of your life better spent running with the soundtrack than watching the movie. Only one album for eternity - Jimmy Buffet - Songs You Know by Heart; Theres food, drink, pirates, more drinks, sex, even more drinks and other stuff to keep the imagination active on a deserted island.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Jane's Addiction - Nothings Shocking
      I can't believe I got to page 7 before anyone mentioned this. Best.Album.Ever.

Jazz hands!

Paradise is arguably the greatest Karaoke song ever. At least for a duo. Especially if you've got the Phil Rizzuto bit memorized. And can find a partner to make out with you while you sing it.
        I have been trying to get BF to do this with me for like a year now. He refuses, despite the fact that he has been known to karaoke "Bat out of Hell" himself.
        run run run AHHHHHH run run run
        runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Interesting name search. I generally go with "THE GREAT". Back to the thread.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

+1 on Buffett / Songs you Know By Heart (or maybe Live: Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays - wait - "Meet Me In Margaritaville"!) and +1 on Purple Rain, too. Allso - Rush / Moving Pictures (Red Barchetta gets about 10 repeats every time I play it) And I can't believe I didn't see anyone mention either of these: Bob Seger (Live Bullet) Styx (Grand Illusion) - although "Kilroy was Here" is a close 2nd for me - another of those "guilty pleasures" we all seem to be admitting to). And I too wore out my copies of the following - Huey Lewis (Sports), - The Commitments Soundtrack (what ever happened to that guy who did "Take Me To The River"? - better than the original!!) - Duran Duran (the one with Maneater and Hungry Like The Wolf) - Bruce Hornsby And The Range - self-titled Am I also correct that no one metioned Elvis? MTA because I can't tell the difference in the jukebox in my mind between Hall & Oates and Duran Duran - must be the video they did that confused me Blush
            xor

Duran Duran (the one with Maneater and Hungry Like The Wolf)
              Well, Hungry Like the Wolf appeared on the album Rio. Maneater? That's Hall and Oates. Unless it is an identically named but rather obscure DD song from an album other than Rio.

Imminent Catastrophe

I must now start another thread along these lines. It was going to be "Worst Album Ever", but that would be too broad a category so it will be "Worst Album you ever bought".

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, it's Fast Times. ... Once I learned more about Cameron C, I realized that this couldn't be true. I haven't read the book, so I'm not sure if the joke is supposed to be that Rat simply played the wrong album (and they clipped the joke), or if it is more of an in-joke on the movie's audience.
                  That movie had the most future stars of any I can remember.

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Run the race God set B4U

Well, Hungry Like the Wolf appeared on the album Rio. Maneater? That's Hall and Oates. Unless it is an identically named but rather obscure DD song from an album other than Rio.
                      Yes, "Hungry like the Wolf" was on Rio and the greatest hits....Maneater is not a DD song, it is Hall & Oates.
                      5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Am I also correct that no one metioned Elvis?
                        Elvis was a singles artist, not an album artist. Elvis never released anything that could be considered a truly classic album, in my opinion (unless you count compilations).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

xor

Elvis was a singles artist, not an album artist. Elvis never released anything that could be considered a truly classic album, in my opinion (unless you count compilations).
                          His version of Quadrophenia smoked.

slowdog

DON'T PANIC

For now, RUSH- Moving Pictures, 2112 Floyd- Animals, Pulse Morrison- Moondance U2- Joshua Tree Charlie Sexton- Under The Wishing Tree Shawn Colvin- Covergirl, Fat City John Prine- many Ricky Skaggs- Ancient Tones, Bluegrass Rules Genesis- Three Sides Live Third Day- Time Elton- Tumbleweed Connection Zappa- Hot Rats Eddie Harris / Les McAnn- Swiss Movement James McMurtry- Live In Aught-Three

Imminent Catastrophe

His version of Quadrophenia smoked.
                              Big grin I nominate this for RAPOW (Running Ahead Post of the Week).

dreamer of dreams

Well, Hungry Like the Wolf appeared on the album Rio.
                                Which happened to be my favorite album when I was like 11.