Embarrassing question for the women (Read 1863 times)

Um.... when you start running longer distances certain "parts" can rub wrong especially if you have any body peircings. What can be done to keep the cookie from feeling like it's going through a paper shredder. Lord, we need a female only thread Blush Dead Blush
    You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
      there is one... ZOOM ZOOM...she needs help
      2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
        Who says accountants are boring?

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Um.... when you start running longer distances certain "parts" can rub wrong especially if you have any body peircings. What can be done to keep the cookie from feeling like it's going through a paper shredder. Lord, we need a female only thread Blush Dead Blush
          There is a ladies forum, and zoom zoom has the magic password. There may be answers there (I'm not on that forum though, so I don't know). In terms of body piercings, can I assume it is relatively new and cannot be removed? If so, that's a hard thing to work around, and I don't have an easy solution. Body glide on the jewelry may help, but then you run the risk of infection as that crap gets into the hole. If its a bit aged, bodycandy.com sells plastic spacers I find are less weight and do not chafe while running. I don't have a piercing "there" but it does help with my one body piercing that was getting very irritated on long runs. Just a thought. Chris

Chris
          PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Thanks celia and Ben. I had no idea there was a woman's forum. I thought about bodyglide but that didn't seem like such a good idea. The piercing isn't new but spacers won't work either *grumbles* I thought maybe wearing really tight tights would be good but I'm not sure how healthy that would be either. Thanks for you help and not laughing at me Blush

Me and my RP

I had nipple piercings and more personal piercings and wound up taking them out. The irritation wasn't worth the trouble. Hope you find a solution that works for youSmile
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had nipple piercings and more personal piercings and wound up taking them out. The irritation wasn't worth the trouble. Hope you find a solution that works for youSmile
                Yeah, I have a navel ring that I never would have gotten if I had known that over 2 years later it would get irritated by anything that rides high enough to bump it. I have some dress pants that I can't wear comfortably. quotidianlight, shoot me an e-mail (harumph at gmail.com) if you want to come discuss girl-stuff...we have chocolate and bacon. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I've had my piercing for so long that removing it... *sighs*
                    Yeah, I have a navel ring that I never would have gotten if I had known that over 2 years later it would get irritated by anything that rides high enough to bump it. I have some dress pants that I can't wear comfortably. quotidianlight, shoot me an e-mail (harumph at gmail.com) if you want to come discuss girl-stuff...we have chocolate and bacon. Evil grin
                    Can't go wrong with chocolate and bacon!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Can't go wrong with chocolate and bacon!
                      Or chocolate-covered bacon, either... Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

There's a cookie? No wonder DH can never get enough. Big grin

Bugs

ivyC

I have my navel and nipples pierced and one down under I have no problems with them on my long runs I had 2 on my navel ended up taking the bottom one out, it kept getting irritated from my climbing harness.

Double IPA Please!

no issues with my naval ring at all. Then again I refuse to wear anything that comes close to my belly button, so most of my pants around the waist ride a little lower anyway so no problems.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

...And I do.

OK, you mean to tell me that there's a piercing for the "cookie" -- YIKES! *crossing legs and wincing in pain*. Criminey. OMGosh! I didn't know... Shocked
                              Scout7

This thread is worthless without pictures.