FFS - Where is the elevation chart? (Read 189 times)

Mid-day rant -

How difficult would it be for race directors to provide an easy to read, accurate elevation chart with the course map?  Seems to be damned near impossible for many of them.......

All I would like is the total climb figure - not too much to ask?

Ready, go.

mikeymike

Yeah those bastards. Too busy cashing checks and blowing your entry fees on booze and hookers to worry about the important stuff like total climb (whatever that is).

Runners run

xhristopher

Don't get greedy now. It's a lot to ask. Do you realize how many jobs they have?

BTW, Here's an elevation chart for my most recent little run.

Just a dude.

Mid-day rant -

How difficult would it be for race directors to provide an easy to read, accurate elevation chart with the course map?  Seems to be damned near impossible for many of them.......

All I would like is the total climb figure - not too much to ask?

I just take their course map, put it into the map function here, and produce my own elevation map. All those suckers who don't know how to do that have a disadvantage. Yay. go me...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

DaBurger

At least you can find a map, back in my day, you couldn't even register for a race online!

Know thyself.

I know I know -  I'm getting to be so damn demanding - - soon I'll ask them to actually start an event on time.

-Kelly - it's not that I don't know how to get an elevation chart - and it's not difficult - just curious why more races don't provide them with their map.

Hell, they could probably do it drunk in between their sessions with aforementioned hookers, right?

Ready, go.

Walk-Jogger

Don't get greedy now. It's a lot to ask. Do you realize how many jobs they have?

BTW, Here's an elevation chart for my most recent little run.

X, did you need climbing gear for that run? Looks like you were crossing the Rockies or sumtin.

Retired &  Loving It

xhristopher

X, did you need climbing gear for that run? Looks like you were crossing the Rockies or sumtin.

I guess this is why my neighborhood is called the "Highlands."

Tara, we have a race around here that has the course profile as part of their logo. Would that work for you?

kcam

At least you can find a map, back in my day, you couldn't even register for a race online!

In my daay ... we didn't have your fancy elevation charts or GPS watches.  'online'?  That was where we hung our one pair of cotton knee-hi running socks to dry after running the race.  We just ran until there was a finish line or we collapsed ...  and we liked it!  Bah.

Kalsarikännit

Too busy blowing your entry fees on booze and hookers 

Speaking of...the FORR 5k will be held Thursday, July 17 at 6:30 pm in Reading, MA.

MTA:  Which they pronounce "Redding". Freaks.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm told this is a fun little run.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

MTA:  Which they pronounce "Redding". Freaks.

Children are supposed to learn that when they play Monopoly.  Reading RR is Redding, not Reading.

Julia1971

I don't know how to read elevation over distance on a chart.  Sad  I would put it on my "To Do" list but my next marathon only has two hills.    Hahahaha!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Running is stupid

I'm told this is a fun little run.

bhearn

Children are supposed to learn that when they play Monopoly.  Reading RR is Redding, not Reading.

+1

Also, what's with all you people who like to do flat runs?