The Booze and Waffle Thread, Long Live The Wild Wild West (Read 401 times)

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Now you've got me thinking of the Bud Light and Power Bars that were traditional late 80s-early 90s post-race fare.

Yeah of course both can be recycled but cans are lighter and can be crushed. Much easier to deal with. Plus you don’t have the potential for breaking glass.

I also prefer cans, and with the extra benefit of totally blocking light from the beer, so it stays gooder.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I also prefer cans, and with the extra benefit of totally blocking light from the beer, so it stays gooder.

Shower-friendly, too.

In the land of craft breweries on every corner (I'm in West Michigan), parties tend to be BYOB -- with the intention of everyone sharing their favorite brews/ciders. Cans, bottles, bombers, growlers, howlers....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Shower-friendly, too.

In the land of craft breweries on every corner (I'm in West Michigan), parties tend to be BYOB -- with the intention of everyone sharing their favorite brews/ciders. Cans, bottles, bombers, growlers, howlers....

Because I'm in another Hipster DIY mecca, BYOB parties tend to feature beers, liquors, etc. that people have made themselves. Some very good farmhouse ales are being made in people's garages around here! I'm too lazy to make my own booze. Maybe when I'm in prison I'll give it a try.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

I've made two DIY alcohol tries:

1. Hard cider (had a wildly enthusiastic back yard apple tree): this was super-easy and wildly successful (IMO anyway): whizzed the apples in the food processor, dumped the juice along with some yeast in a carboy with a fermentation lock, stuck the whole shootin' match in an unused turned-off fridge in the garage and waited. Et voila (minus one lid blow-off): juicy fresh hard cider.

2. Mexican pineapple liquor: I had this recipe from a Mexican dessert cookbook that I *never* could get to work: peel/core a fresh pineapple, stick it in a loosely covered container along with some liquid (can't remember what), leave it at room temperature and wait. Alcohol was supposed to materialize (using wild airborne yeasts, I suppose?) but all I ever got was mold. Finally gave up.

But now to the $84000 question for our fearless thread leader: what are some good cheap beers?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Anyone ever made DIY wine? I accidently planted a grape vine (Aldi mismarked it, when purchased, it looked like a stick). This year I'm going to have a lot of grapes, I can only make so much grape jelly.

rlopez

And you got those fat boy kegs at that very race as well. Four of em. Al full of easy drinking craft beers that everybody loves. Local beer, at that!

The thing about the fat boy... aka, "half barrel"... many people who purchase them don't realize that those fat boys weigh 165 pounds. Now, I don't mind muscling them around because I do it for a living and mongo strong, but I always ask "uh, do you have someone to help you on the other side?"

Now you've got me thinking of the Bud Light and Power Bars

also known as breakfast

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This is really not a big deal for me. Like most runners, I am gifted with exceptional upper body strength and a robust core. I can juggle these things like they are nothing.

The thing about the fat boy... aka, "half barrel"... many people who purchase them don't realize that those fat boys weigh 165 pounds.

rlopez

This is really not a big deal for me. Like most runners, I am gifted with exceptional upper body strength and a robust core. I can juggle these things like they are nothing.

Use your big calves.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

also known as breakfast

That is exactly what they were!!

If your internal body temperature is 98.6 (give or take), why does 98 degree external temperature not feel perfectly comfortable?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

rlopez

Because we are exothermic.

All this reminded me of the keg races at a fraternity I joined for a whole term.

Two people, full keg, from the parking lot thru the frat to the Millrace behind and then back and down to the basement. I never won; 160lbs of Miler has a hard time carrying their half of a full keg. And they were almost always Oly, because it was cheaper than Bud.

Of note: this frat, Sigma Nu, was used for all the interior scenes in Animal House. The Mermaid fishbowl was still behind the bar when I was there. The house next door was used for the exterior shots. Also, just one term because I would never want to be a member of a club that would have someone like me as a member. Or something like that.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Because your body generates heat. It relies on heat exchange in the lungs and on the skin to remove the excess heat created during metabolism. This becomes increasingly difficult as the ambient air temperature approaches or exceeds body temperature.

If your internal body temperature is 98.6 (give or take), why does 98 degree external temperature not feel perfectly comfortable?