The Booze and Waffle Thread, Long Live The Wild Wild West (Read 401 times)

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

I’ve made tepache. It is super easy. I wonder if your error was not getting all the pineapple skin under the surface. Mold required air contact.

Hello, and thank you! I googled some recipes (don't have my first one) and have some follow-up questions:

1. What do you use for your added-sugar source? E.g., brown sugar, extra pineapple juice, ...?

2. Do you boil or otherwise purify your water?

3. What parts of the pineapple do you use? (Skin? Core? Fruit? All?)

4. How tightly do you cover the fermenting mixture? (I've read everything from tightly to loosely.)

Yours in not wasting yet another pineapple,

Christine

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

And, reporting in on The Last Word (recommended by cinnamongirl, stadjak): I made a modified version and really liked it! I used only 1/2 part Luxardo Maraschino and 1 part each of gin, lime, and chartreuse. Mmmmm. The one-part LM version was a bit too cherry-syrup for me. Thanks for the recommendation.

rlopez

I think you have that backwards, I heard that cancer gives you sugar.

No, this is not true.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

So, can flaming shots be done without damage (liver excluded) to the shooter?

rlopez

So, can flaming shots be done without damage (liver excluded) to the shooter?

Yes, but there is a trick I shan't divulge.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Gack!!! :-D Well, good to at least know that, like the 4:00 mile, it's achievable.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

So, what are some of the coolest phenomena you've seen/places you've visited/events of which you've been a part?

E.g., 2017 total solar eclipse, seeing a WR on the track, Berlin...

rlopez

So, what are some of the coolest phenomena you've seen/places you've visited/events of which you've been a part?

E.g., 2017 total solar eclipse, seeing a WR on the track, Berlin...

I ran with Gunhild Swanson around the track... well, partly, and then I sprinted across the infield to catch her finish... when she became the oldest female finisher of Western States in 2015. Unfortunately for me, it was the same year that medical cut my bracelet and ended my race early. Fun side note, she wore #70 and I wore #69 to honor her late husband. (I wear #69 a lot, most people think it is a funny joke, which it kind of is, but it has a deeper meaning).

I was at the game when Emmitt Smith broke the NFL rushing record, but the cool part is that I took my elderly dad. He was a cowboy fan for the 40+ years he lived in Texas, but that was the only cowboy game he ever went to.

I worked under 4 presidents and met 3.

Bill Gates once chided me with "do we pay you?" Which at the time was not something I'd list as cool, but it surely is now.

I lived in Hawai'i for awhile. Lots and lots of cool phenomena associated with that, but if I can only list one, it would be boating along the coast just after a hurricane/typhoon and seeing a multi-ton lava rock that the ocean had pulled from sea level and placed about 20 feet higher on a cliff.

Nice

Runners run

rlopez

Also, where are my manners?

I like Dr Ternt's race so much that one year, I ran the course three times in a row. As for the good doctor, Trent sucks.

The overlook from Luke Lea at 2a was really special.

Seattle prattle

Bill Gates once chided me with "do we pay you?" Which at the time was not something I'd list as cool, but it surely is now.

With the advantage of hindsight, I would have found some way to tie my response into some grovelling for stock options. You know how many “Microsoft millionaires” were created with those things? Desperate, yes, but he did open the door....

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Wow... that is some GOOD stuff!!!!!

I like them all but I especially like the one with your dad at the Cowboys game. Man, there is Fortune smiling on you right there.

Also - what presidents did you meet? (And what kind of work were you doing at that time?)

I ran with Gunhild Swanson around the track... well, partly, and then I sprinted across the infield to catch her finish... when she became the oldest female finisher of Western States in 2015. Unfortunately for me, it was the same year that medical cut my bracelet and ended my race early. Fun side note, she wore #70 and I wore #69 to honor her late husband. (I wear #69 a lot, most people think it is a funny joke, which it kind of is, but it has a deeper meaning).

I was at the game when Emmitt Smith broke the NFL rushing record, but the cool part is that I took my elderly dad. He was a cowboy fan for the 40+ years he lived in Texas, but that was the only cowboy game he ever went to.

I worked under 4 presidents and met 3.

I lived in Hawai'i for awhile. Lots and lots of cool phenomena associated with that, but if I can only list one, it would be boating along the coast just after a hurricane/typhoon and seeing a multi-ton lava rock that the ocean had pulled from sea level and placed about 20 feet higher on a cliff.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You have work to do. Olaf just ran the course four times in a row. In the summer. Oof.

Also, where are my manners?

I like Dr Ternt's race so much that one year, I ran the course three times in a row. As for the good doctor, Trent sucks.

The overlook from Luke Lea at 2a was really special.

rlopez

You have work to do. Olaf just ran the course four times in a row. In the summer. Oof.

Cool for Olaf, but I'm good. I'm sure Dr Bob could too. And Ed. Lots of folks could.

I did it when it was nice and cool. Plus I had pop tarts.

rlopez

With the advantage of hindsight, I would have found some way to tie my response into some grovelling for stock options. You know how many “Microsoft millionaires” were created with those things? Desperate, yes, but he did open the door....

As I worked for Microsoft 1996-2004, yes, I have an idea.