The Booze and Waffle Thread, Long Live The Wild Wild West (Read 401 times)

rlopez

So you say, Liquor Store Guy.  It's the intenet.  You could be anybody.

I do have a 1000 nicknames.

Now, 1001. I can tell you that I never.... never... expected to be known as "liquor store guy". But I like it!

I think it is a versatile nickname with a meaning that changes as needed for the social setting.

It works just as well in prison as well as as it does in a frat house.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/election-night-google-searches-liquor-store-near-me-all-time-high

This story was probably the most accurate election story.

This might explain why there's only 5-6 people posting on the masters dailies today!

Hey! I bought a fifth of some kind of Trader Joe's whiskey/bourbon/rye/scotch for $15 yesterday! I FIT IN! I FIT IN!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

mikeymike

Man, if only we had a liquor store guy.

Wait, doesn't the MOALS open today?

Runners run

rlopez

We did the "soft open" thing on Wednesday. Official grand opening on Friday.

It was... intense. And decidedly COVID-friendly. Sigh.

But, yeah. Indiana has never seen anything quite like my store.

We opened the day after the election, but given how the whole thing is playing out... it was amazingly well timed.

Wish me luck.

Even if you don't like me. HA

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Does the MOALS have a name/website? Inquiring minds want to check it out. Congrats/good luck!

rlopez

Does the MOALS have a name/website? Inquiring minds want to check it out. Congrats/good luck!

It's just a Total Wine. If your state has one (we're in 27 now), then you get it. Indiana did not have one, but now we do.

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's just a Total Wine. If your state has one (we're in 27 now), then you get it. Indiana did not have one, but now we do.

Maryland has had one since I could legally drink. An overwhelming amount of choices.

doctorjen

I have not been in a Total Wine before, nor been aware of them I guess. But randomly they were advertising on NPR here in KC when I drove to work this morning which I haven’t noticed before. 
                      Love your 1001 nicknames. I always enjoy your posts - and remember your from way back in the RWOL era.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

>It's just a Total Wine. If your state has one (we're in 27 now), then you get it. Indiana did not have one, but now we do.

*Just* a Total Wine? TWs are awesome! (I can window-shop in my local one for at least an hour.) Does yours get to sell liquor, too? Ours (VA) don't. Best of luck on the enterprise!

#artbydmcbride

We have a Total Wine..and Moar!!  Also a BevMO!

Runners run

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

January is the winter of my discontent.  Headed out to Binny's to grab as many cases as they had of  Bell's Expedition Stout because I figure the season might end soon, and I'd like to have 4 cases to get me through the rest of my Sub-32F runs this year.

"We've been out for the last month or two."

Huh?

"It's seasonal"

But yeah, isn't JANUARY the season?!

"You'd think so."

Shit.

Well, I'm not f'ing around next year.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

John Wood

Just had a six of the expedition stout delivered from my local total  wine. I guess I should order some more. Stupid me didn’t realize this was a seasonal.