The Booze and Waffle Thread, Long Live The Wild Wild West (Read 401 times)

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Oooh, sorry. Bumpy way to start off 2021.

January is the winter of my discontent.  Headed out to Binny's to grab as many cases as they had of  Bell's Expedition Stout because I figure the season might end soon, and I'd like to have 4 cases to get me through the rest of my Sub-32F runs this year.

"We've been out for the last month or two."

Huh?

"It's seasonal"

But yeah, isn't JANUARY the season?!

"You'd think so."

Shit.

Well, I'm not f'ing around next year.

Prince of Fatness

Buying beer is like buying clothes. Gotta get the seasonals before the season starts.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

For the record, Bell’s did a 35th anniversary expedition stout that was double barrel aged. It was exceptional. It also happens to be long gone.

cinnamon girl

My daughter's boyfriend has convinced me to try Japanese Whisky. My current: Hatozaki. Recommend!

I wonder what Desi would think!

"run" "2" "eat"

waffle

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

The forum needs more drinking, so here's what I drank Sunday night:

https://www.rightproperbrewing.com/haxan

It was awwwwesome.

Y'all?

lagwagon

The forum needs more drinking, so here's what I drank Sunday night:

https://www.rightproperbrewing.com/haxan

It was awwwwesome.

Y'all?

havent had that one but I'm a fan of Raised by Wolves, will look out for it.

been on a pilsner kick lately, weekend notable was Pounder Pils by Heavy Seas.  highly recommended.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

I'll look out for that! We used to have a Heavy Seas brewpub *right in Arlington (VA)* It was awesome. Closed down, though. --Christine

John Wood

Been using Flying Dog Gonzo for rehydration lately.

https://www.flyingdog.com/beers/gonzo/

Julia1971

Why Fitter People Drink More Alcohol

The interesting question is why there’s an association between exercise and drinking. The paper’s authors cautiously suggest that the former may cause the latter, perhaps due to a psychological phenomenon called the licensing effect: when you feel like you’ve done something “good,” you reward yourself by allowing yourself to do something “bad.”

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

My theory: runners drink beer because they're always thirsty.

Julia1971

My theory: runners drink beer because they're always thirsty.

Yes!  This makes sense to me.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

The Stout I discovered this winter was "Expedition Stout" from Bell's.  Russian Imperial (10.5%).  Wish it wasn't seasonal, but maybe that's for the best.  Still cannot wait for the cold weather to return, and with it this beer.

Okay, cold weather has returned to Chicago (56F today -- 89F a few days ago).  So, it's got me in the mood for an Expedition.  Anyone know when the first batch is delivered by Bell's this year?  Sr. Lopez?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do