The Booze and Waffle Thread, Long Live The Wild Wild West (Read 401 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Okay, cold weather has returned to Chicago (56F today -- 89F a few days ago).  So, it's got me in the mood for an Expedition.  Anyone know when the first batch is delivered by Bell's this year?  Sr. Lopez?

just hit stores in the Detroit area today

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

just hit stores in the Detroit area today

Wow, talk about timing.  Okay.  I think I need to prowl Binny's to nab a case off the back of the truck.

Thanks for the intel.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

wow, that stuff is 10.5% ABV and 383 calorie in 12 oz. that's some serious beer.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

wow, that stuff is 10.5% ABV and 383 calorie in 12 oz. that's some serious beer.

It is.

It's a weird beer, in the sense that I can have exactly one, sip on it for over an hour, and feel completely fulfilled in my post-run desires.  It leaves me longing for nothing more.  It's the haiku of beer.  When it is finished, asking for another would be antithetical to its perfection.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

compared to some of the barrel-aged stouts, it's actually a reasonable ABV. Less sure about the calories but whose counting. That's what running is for!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

It's a weird beer, in the sense that I can have exactly one, sip on it for over an hour, and feel completely fulfilled in my post-run desires.  It leaves me longing for nothing more.  It's the haiku of beer.  When it is finished, asking for another would be antithetical to its perfection.

totally agree. My ATF Russian imperial stout that's readily available. Bell's does a lot of beers well and this is one of them for certain

Prince of Fatness

Ah wintertime. When you run down to the basement, grab a stout, and open and enjoy it. No refrigeration required.

Not at it at all. 

Yooper3.1

It is.

Don't you mean:

It is a weird beer.

Sip for an hour, feel fulfilled.

No longing for more

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Run club for drinking

poets. Could not ask for more.

Well, math, maybe.

Don't you mean:

It is a weird beer.

Sip for an hour, feel fulfilled.

No longing for more

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Not f-ing around this year.  Got eight cases of Expedition tucked away in storage.  Hand-wheeled them on a dolly from Binny's to my place.

Should last me through the Winter.

Run club for drinking

poets. Could not ask for more.

Well, math, maybe.

Haikus Are Easy

But Sometimes They Don't Make Sense

Refrigerator

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

We're all coming to visit right now. Should last you through the weekend.

Not f-ing around this year.  Got eight cases of Expedition tucked away in storage.  Hand-wheeled them on a dolly from Binny's to my place.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

that's some serious beerious! Well done!

John Wood

I’m with ch17. If we have a meet up, your stash doesn’t last the weekend. I’m going to be in Grand Rapids this weekend. Is that close?

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

For a boozier option, and since I'm guessing you are in the Chicago area, the Revolution Deep Wood series beers are excellent...Deth's Tar, Cafe Deth, etc. The seasonal release started yesterday at the brewery. I'm in SE MI so will have to wait until they hit stores around here.  If you ever see Ryeway to heaven, absolutely buy what you can.