The Booze and Waffle Thread, Long Live The Wild Wild West (Read 401 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

BTW: the $10.99 was for a 12-pk of Bud Zero, not a 6-pk. I've ended up mixing it with ginger ale to make it more palatable.

Speaking of, have you considered one of the artisan ginger ales - Reed's comes to mind, but there are lots of them, including small craft brands - as an alcohol substitute?

>I have a confession to make that I cannot make to my RL friends... I tried "Crushberry"  a local sour designed to taste like Capn Crunchberries and it's sickeningly sweet.... and I really enjoyed it.

Ha. At UW-Madison back in the late 80's and early 90's we had a fake frat house called HKC, (Eta Kappa Crunch). We had plenty of parties where the Cap'n would come and sprinkle cereal in everyone's Red Solo cups full of beer. Good times. FYI - peanut butter crunch with beer isn't bad if the roof of your mouth is tough enough for the challenge.

zebano

Ha. At UW-Madison back in the late 80's and early 90's we had a fake frat house called HKC, (Eta Kappa Crunch). We had plenty of parties where the Cap'n would come and sprinkle cereal in everyone's Red Solo cups full of beer. Good times. FYI - peanut butter crunch with beer isn't bad if the roof of your mouth is tough enough for the challenge.

lol that sounds terrible. I would absolutely try the PB crunch w/ beer if I had any in the house. Maybe I'll stop at the store tonight.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

John Wood

If you have to go dry for lent, skip the NA beers, all will disappoint. Pick yourself up a pack of fever tree lemon tonic water and what ever NA gin you can find. Make a gin and tonic. The NA gin will at least have a decent herb kick and the fever tree is worth drinking by itself. It’ll be good.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

I knew I could count on this thread to not disappoint.  I'll report back with any new discoveries.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

>Speaking of, have you considered one of the artisan ginger ales - Reed's comes to mind, but there are lots of them, including small craft brands - as an alcohol substitute?

Funny story on this one: last Sat night I went to a local diner. No NA anything on the drink menu, so I ordered their homemade artisan ginger ale concoction. It was pricey, so I asked the waiter if it came with refills, to which he said yes.

So, the first one arrives. It's huge! It's also tasty, but it becomes rapidly evident that I'm not going to be able to drink more than one. Meanwhile, when I'm not even halfway through with the first one, the waiter plunks an entirely full second one down on the table. I say, "Thanks! I don't think I'll need another after this." He looks concerned and asks if I want him to take #2 away. I say oh no, it's fine (I know it'll just go to the dumpster), and he departs.

So, I made it through #1, and then forced myself to drink maybe 1/3 of #2 so it wouldn't go to waste.

John Wood

Beer alert!  Dragons MilkTriple Mash is in the stores here. Bottles say it gets a full year aging in bourbon barrels. Also clocks in at 17.3 ABV.

Haven’t tasted it yet, just now went into the fridge to chill.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I've had it in prior years.

It is yum.

Prince of Fatness

Beer alert!  Dragons MilkTriple Mash is in the stores here. Bottles say it gets a full year aging in bourbon barrels. Also clocks in at 17.3 ABV.

Do not chill a stout.

MTA:  Also, send me one.

Not at it at all. 

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Just picked it up today but haven't tried it yet and have not had it in the past. 17% ABV, I think it said...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That one won't hit my distro, sadly.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

$28.  Ooph.  Well, I have a 4-pk chilling outside (43F).  Got a friend flying in from out East next weekend.  Should make a good toast to his arrival . . . at 10am.

Also, for those keeping track: I've still one case of Expedition Stout sitting in storage.  Still far from sick of it, but the weather isn't quite right.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is what I'm getting for Mother's Day (helps that we're 20 minutes from their original location):

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

This is what I'm getting for Mother's Day (helps that we're 20 minutes from their original location):

Happy Mothers Day to you and all Moms! With that bottle, I’m pretty sure you will be extra happy! 😃

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Bell's Expedition Stout is back on shelves.  Just as good as last year.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do