Mizuno Wave Inspire... (Read 101 times)

I have a brand new pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire 11s.  My previous 2 pairs are the Inspire 10s.  I have always taken the time to do a trial treadmill run (1-2 miles) to test out the shoes to see if they rub anywhere before taking them outside.  I usually do my long run on Sunday, and would really like to wear my new pair.  Should I go for it, or wait and to a treadmill test run first?

Mostly harmless

I didn't notice any difference between the 10 and the 11 but I would never wear brand new shoes on a long run.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Joann Y

I would go ahead and wear them, but that's just me.

I also just noticed that my old pairs are tearing where the seam is near the pinky toe.  Does that mean I should get wider shoes, or just that they are old?  I decided to wear an old pair for my longish run today.  I'll try my new ones on the treadmill this week.

I would roll the dice and just go for it, what the hell. Worst case, you lose a toenail or get a really nice blister, or nothing at all happens. kinda like when we went from 1999-2000 lots of hype, all for nothing. Movin' on....Wrigs... are you still hauling ass in the Wildcats? I'm getting close to replacement time, thinking about the Gore-Tex version next.

I've worn the Wave Inspire for the last 10+ years. I wore my new 11s for an 11 miler and I had to stop a couple times to readjust how tight they were tied because I was not used to how stiff they were. But I had worn out my previous pair (10s) so much that it was probably just a big change - it only took 1 or 2 more runs before I felt the new pair was broken in and I don't notice any difference between the models.

As far as the tearing, my last pair are also all torn up in the same place plus the inside/top of the front - so my guess is that it's also just because of old shoes in your case, not a need for a wider pair.