Can't import from my Garmin 305 (Read 1785 times)

Hi Eric,

I have the Garmin Communicator Plugin version 2.6.4 installed on my computer (I checked on my control panel) but I get the message "Status: Plugin not installed" message every time I try to import. I have Windows XP.

Sorry if I missed something that was posted before, but can you please help?

Thanks,

j

eric :)

jura,

Did you install the usb driver?  The simplest way to check is to go to:

http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/test/

You should see the following:

Garmin Communicator Plugin Test Page

Communicator Plugin is properly installed.

Older plugin version detected. Download the latest version.

Let me know what the outcome is.

i had the same problem.  i downloaded whatever it told me to download.

Eric,

I already had the USB driver (I am using the Training Center) but I downloaded it again. Than I checked with the Test page and I still get "The Plugin is NOT detected" message.

Also, I get this:

"If you've installed the Communicator Plugin and the plugin is not detected, you may need to enable the ActiveX control using the blue bar at the top of your browser window."

Unfortunately there is no blue bar at the top of my browser window., so I am stuck here...

On the test page in the 'demo' blue bar it says;

"This website wants to run the following add-on:  'Garmin Communicator Plug-in 2.5.2.0'

I have the 2.6.4 version, could this be the problem? Confused...

j

Chris T

I am having the same problem. I downloaded the latest Communicator for Mac (2.7.1) and am using Safari 4 and also am getting the failure message. Says the control is not installed.

PS- I can connect successfully to the Garmin Training Center.

I had been having no problems downloading until recently.  Now it says that the device has been found, downloading tracks through 100% . . . then no new data found.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Hi Eric I am having the same problem as the others.  I upgraded my Mac to Safari 4 yesterday.  Before that I was not having any trouble downloading from my Garmin 205.  Not it not working.  I tried to download the new plug in but it keeps saying it in not there.  I tried to download it twice and got the same result.  Any ideas.  KKL
                Chris T

I read today of some problems between Safari 4 and various plug-ins.

So......I reverted back to Safari 3 and the problem still exists (when it didn't on Sunday).

Gig

I haven't had a problem for months, but today it didn't find the plugin. I reinstalled, and everything seems to be working just fine. (Haven't saved my workouts, yet.)

Could that have anything to do with having updated Java the other day?

Chris T

I contacted Garmin and got the following response:

Thank you for contacting Garmin International.

Try downloading Firefox and see if you are able to use that website using that browser. If so, I recommend using that browser until we update the communicator plugin for use with the latest version of Safari which is currently version 4.

_________________________________________________________________________

I have Firefox installed (ver 3.0.10) and the Forerunner is detected. 

However, I cannot log into RA on Firefox. When I enter my email address & password (yes, the correct ones) the site redirects me to this page:

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/95f05d08858847f8945644da0ccec5c4

which allows be to view my log, but it won't log me in. It wants me to create an account.

Ugh.

Any help?

Maybe other Safari users can chime in here.  I don't remember if the plugin works with Safari 4 or not, or maybe it just doesn't work with Forerunner 405.

fatozzig: have you tried doing a hard reset by holding the Mode and Reset buttons for several seconds?  The symptom you described sounded like your Forerunner was confused by some bad data.

For everyone else, make sure you're using version 2.6.4 of the plugin.  The latest Garmin plugin has a crippling bug and won't work.

KP9597

anyone know where I can find out how to remove the new version from my mac and then re-install the old one?
                          Chris T

anyone know where I can find out how to remove the new version from my mac and then re-install the old one?

Do you mean the new communicator plug-in? (ver 2.7.1)

I can't get rid of it. It must bury itself deep. After removing every file I can find related to it I can't reinstall 2.6.4. It tells me that an updated version is already in place.

Hopefully Garmin will fix the bug someday.

Dave

Maybe other Safari users can chime in here.  I don't remember if the plugin works with Safari 4 or not, or maybe it just doesn't work with Forerunner 405.

fatozzig: have you tried doing a hard reset by holding the Mode and Reset buttons for several seconds?  The symptom you described sounded like your Forerunner was confused by some bad data.

For everyone else, make sure you're using version 2.6.4 of the plugin.  The latest Garmin plugin has a crippling bug and won't work.

I have never been able to get the plugin to be recognized in Safari 4.  

Plugin works fine on Firefox on OS X though.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com