Runners (athletes) Cheat (Read 1727 times)

Sigh.

He's not only the hair club president...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Sigh.

I guess arguing with Trent might make one a bigger looser than running the monkey.

I guess arguing with Trent might make one a bigger looser than running the monkey.

+1

(Haven't run the Monkey, but I've learned that arguing with him on certain days makes one a looser).

(Other days, Trent is great!)

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My two day meeting looks to be ending early. So my work here is done. Thank y'all for the entertainment.

I agree that overthinking can be a bad thing.  I got the impression that part the cheating was the not enjoying part or running easy, too hardly.

I know I’m supposed to have an easy day but if I push it today I’ll get in even better shape. What do 30 seconds per mile matter. Right?

Agreed.  He understands not to push too much physically everyday.  It's his statement about mentally focusing on "things that will help on race day" during everyday runs that I have a problem with.  I take "everyday" runs to mean your easy or recovery days.  Those should be recovery days for you physically and mentally. Of course, I don't know what he means by "things that will help on race day", so I could be way off.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

My two day meeting looks to be ending early. So my work here is done. Thank y'all for the entertainment.

note to self.... when Trent's at conferences, avoid this forum... when Trent's at conferences, avoid this forum...

Smile

Life Goals:

But the article is about running. Not training. The word "train" appears only once in the entire article, and that towards the bottom.

We think that we can just become mentally tough on race day. I mean come on, why waste time on those everyday runs to bog the mind down with focusing on things that might help us on race day…

You are cheating yourself out of truly training to put everything on the line on race day. 

Stop cheating yourself. Only when you do that will you be the best you can be as an athlete.

“Champions are made when no one is looking.”

Clearly the author is talking about just jogging around for fun and not about training for racing.

MrH

I have also stopped my watch while pooping in the woods.

So logging is excluded from your logging.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Feeling the growl again

I don't stop my watch, but I will record a special split time for Woods Poop.  I keep a big chart of poop times.  I hope to create an 'experiment' somewhat like the dude's lightweight shoe experiment.  The effect of lighter weight ("I just lost a couple pounds the hard way") on times.

I thought having a flying monkey tear your arm off was the hard way to loose a few pounds.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

excrement experiment?

I do not approve, despite the alliteration.

Wing

Joggaholic

I don't stop my watch, but I will record a special split time for Woods Poop.  I keep a big chart of poop times.  I hope to create an 'experiment' somewhat like the dude's lightweight shoe experiment.  The effect of lighter weight ("I just lost a couple pounds the hard way") on times.

Will the result of your experiment be a 18-weeks poop training program?

Agreed.  He understands not to push too much physically everyday.  It's his statement about mentally focusing on "things that will help on race day" during everyday runs that I have a problem with.  I take "everyday" runs to mean your easy or recovery days.  Those should be recovery days for you physically and mentally. Of course, I don't know what he means by "things that will help on race day", so I could be way off.

FWIW, I think about form or cadence or posture on every run, the great majority of which are easy or recovery outings.  Not every moment of every run, but I'd say I check in on myself "nearly constantly".  I like it, I get satisfaction from seeing and feeling my form improve, and it doesn't wear me out mentally.  I get lots of enjoyment from my running, and I very rarely have any motivation issues.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

So logging is excluded from your logging.

Now THAT is some funny shit.

Yo!  Ilene!!!

Insert downward spiral emoticon 6 10 posts back.

I'm not sure what the downward spiral emoticon is, but we're at about 20 something now.

Life Goals:

#artbydmcbride

stupid

Runners run