Anyone tried Ghost 6 shoes? (Read 103 times)

northernman

Fight The Future

I'm still searching for that perfect pair of shoes, and still haven't found em. Wondering about the Brooks Ghost 6, if anyone has an opinion. I think what I'd like is a moderate weight, moderate cushioned, neutral shoe, with a reasonably wide toe area, that I can rotate in with my other pairs when I just want to have a relaxing no-stress long run. The Kinvara's are close, but I'd like something wider and with a bit more cushion...

Mysecondnewname

I'm still searching for that perfect pair of shoes, and still haven't found em. Wondering about the Brooks Ghost 6, if anyone has an opinion. I think what I'd like is a moderate weight, moderate cushioned, neutral shoe, with a reasonably wide toe area, that I can rotate in with my other pairs when I just want to have a relaxing no-stress long run. The Kinvara's are close, but I'd like something wider and with a bit more cushion...

I've run in the Ghost 5 and have a pair of Ghost 6 on order, and I think that they would fit your bill just fine.   I personally don't think I can race with them, as towards the end of a Marathon, I do think I need the support the Ravenna 4 provides.  However, I like to rotate a neutral shoe with my Ravennas during training.

Good luck!

beat

Break on through

I have not tried the Ghost 6. I have only run in the Ghost 5 shoes.  But they are pretty much what you describe - moderate weight and cushioning. It's a good, comfortable shoe that I use for moderate runs where I may want to run a bit faster than I do with my heavier, more-cushioned shoes (New Balance 1080).  I don't know how the toe area compares with other shoes, but it seems fine to me (as usual, I have a 2E width for this shoe.)

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

I've been using Brooks Ghost 3-5 for couple years now.    I think they match what you are looking for.  The 4 and 5 also have a good tread pattern which equals decent grip if you go off road occasionally.

justrundan

I've had a pair of Ghost 6 for a month and love them.  Ran in Ghost 4 in the past, they were great too.  These have a wide toe box, good support, and I like the tread pattern a lot.  Good luck.

Dan

nolamama

CQTM

The Ghosts have very roomy toe box. I have the 5's now but will transition to the 6's next when I buy more pairs.