Would You Run? (Read 1222 times)

I am in and around the Tokyo area and was wondering if you were in my spot, would you run outdoors? 

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

MrH

In a word, no. If the wind has been coming from the wrong direction and you happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time . . .

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

I don't think I would. It's not that I think there's anything wrong with it, but people see things very skewed. Especially when you're mixing cultures.

xor

I don't think I would. It's not that I think there's anything wrong with it, but people see things very skewed. Especially when you're mixing cultures.

What?

Japan's all banged up right now. Someone American prancing around, though it is partly a stress reliever, could be seen as some as an offense. And there's the whole health thing. I just would be careful there in general.

Japan's all banged up right now. Someone American prancing around, though it is partly a stress reliever, could be seen as some as an offense. And there's the whole health thing. I just would be careful there in general.

The local people are still running.  My question is based solely on the idea that the air quality might have some long term effect on me that will be amplified by breathing deeply while exercising.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

The local people are still running..... would you run outdoors?

Yes

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

MrH

The local people are still running.  My question is based solely on the idea that the air quality might have some long term effect on me that will be amplified by breathing deeply while exercising.

Sure you'll be breathing in a reasonable amount when running versus walking, but while the general level of contamination in Tokyo may not yet be reported to be dangerous, my point was how localized airborne radiation can be and dependent on wind. If you look at a map of the zones around Chernobyl which were badly contaminated, it's far from uniform.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

ah you goin to fathah anymore children?

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

xor

'fathah' looks different to me than intended, I think.

people used to point at me and laugh.

I wouldn't run or hang around outside any more than I needed to, for the time being.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Yes. No questions asked.

Goals: To keep running regardless of what happens.
                          henryc

I am in and around the Tokyo area and was wondering if you were in my spot, would you run outdoors? 

What's the smog like in Tokyo?

If you do, try to go for a run in the Imperial Palace vicinity... some good running around there, as far as big city runnin' goes (and lots of other runners). 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

MrH

The process is the goal.