First Half Marathon (Read 479 times)

digitaljo

I have been running for 7 years pretty consistantly - doing an average of 4-5 miles 3 times a week. I've only done a couple of races a few years ago. Recently I've picked up the pace and have been weight training and running 5-6 days a week. I want to run a half marathon in my area that's in 6 weeks. Is this enough time to start training for it? IF so what do you think is the best way to train? I've seen some websites reccommend running only 2 days a week and cross training the rest... Thanks! Roll eyes
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi, Jo! Smile I would think you could easily get there if you were to add an extra run or two each week and make one of those runs a gradually longer one--maybe increase it by a mile in length each week. That's pretty close to what I am currently doing. I am running 4x/week with one long run (right now I'm up to about 6.5 miles for my long run). Once school starts back up I plan to go up to 5 runs/week. My own first HM is at the end of Oct. Come join us in the Half Martathon Training group. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay