First Half Marathon (Read 479 times)

digitaljo

I have been running for 7 years pretty consistantly - doing an average of 4-5 miles 3 times a week. I've only done a couple of races a few years ago. Recently I've picked up the pace and have been weight training and running 5-6 days a week. I want to run a half marathon in my area that's in 6 weeks. Is this enough time to start training for it? IF so what do you think is the best way to train? I've seen some websites reccommend running only 2 days a week and cross training the rest... Thanks! Roll eyes

Princess Cancer Pants

Hi, Jo! Smile I would think you could easily get there if you were to add an extra run or two each week and make one of those runs a gradually longer one--maybe increase it by a mile in length each week. That's pretty close to what I am currently doing. I am running 4x/week with one long run (right now I'm up to about 6.5 miles for my long run). Once school starts back up I plan to go up to 5 runs/week. My own first HM is at the end of Oct. Come join us in the Half Martathon Training group. Big grin k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown