I am back (Read 555 times)

And this time I am bringing my wife AKA Mrs_Bear with me. Huge changes here! My wife is taking an early retirement that is currently being offered. She needs to relax now. We lost her mom a month ago. You would not believe the stress from all that!!! Anyway between the two events we suddenly have time for us and she has decided that starting our walking to drop some lbs and get rid of all that stress. Currently she wants to walk the Indy Mini, but I think I can have her ready to run it. I'll haver run running 2 miles by the begining of training in Jan 09. From there it should be easy! Wish us luck!!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Good luck! Sounds like a great time to start running to blow off stress.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

JakeKnight

Hiya, BearPoop. Where ya been? We missed you.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Think Whirled Peas

In the woods. Doing his thang. Just a guess. Tongue

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Welcome back, BP. You've been missed...

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Nursing this injury and that injury, being unmotivated AND most importantly taking care of my wife's mom. She was bed ridden for a year. Mrs. Bear works a night shift and I work a day, so someone was here with mom all the time. Mr Bear had just returned from a doc appointment (follow up to skin cancer and it is back) on 7/2 when mom had a seizure and passed. We knew it was coming but wow what a kick in teeth. Thank God for our Hospice Nurse!!! She still contacts us and asks if we need anything!!!! Angles on Earth they are!! We HOPE Mrs Bear gets an early retirement!!! As Mrs Bear wants to walk the Indy Mini in May! Bet we run it!!! Some anyway if not most all of it. Taking one day at a time right now. We have been married 24 years and have known each other 39. We are like kids dating again!!! We really didn't know how worn out taking care of parents for more than 7 years left us. And we would do it all AGAIN just the same!! Can't beat family!!!! Yesterday we bought Mrs Bear her first pair of runing shoes!! And me a running hat!! It says: "In my dreams I'm Kenyan" Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!! Well here is too both of us getting into shape again.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about your loss and the rough times you've had. It's good to have you back and that you brought Mrs. Bear with you. Smile

Michelle

Nice to see you back, good luck to you and Mrs. BP.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Welcome back. A love ones transition is not easy. The best to you and Mrs Bear.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/