2017 Holiday Running Streak (Read 200 times)

FSBD

I'll set this up with more detail when I have more time.  But I like having a run streak to keep me consistent through the holiday season.

It also helps set up the year on a good note.

So I pledge to run at least one mile everyday from Thanksgiving until New Year's Day.

Also, for the Running Ahead run streak call your mileage goal for December.  Try to make it you biggest mileage month of the year.

Who's going to join me??

Name Completed/Quit December Mileage Goal
    1. FSBD  

2.  CanadianMeg   30
    3. Christrickery    150
    4. TedsHead    156
    5. TeaOlive   100
    6. seilerts  dentist 228
    7. manfromnantucket    50
    8.  Joann Y   157
    9. ch17   327
    10. Mr MattM   200
    11. DavePNW  Back 241
    12. run sin skirts   215
    13. Not too Swift   340
    14. LedLincoln   245
    15. Sunflower747   210
    16. Oldman   217
    17. teileen   145
    18. berylrunner   250
    19. Capt782   125
    20. joescott   225

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Not sure about it being my highest mileage month, but I'm in for at least a mile a day.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Christrickery

I’m in for the run streak holiday challenge but not for December being my highest mileage month.

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

Not sure about it being my highest mileage month, but I'm in for at least a mile a day.

I'm in...it'll give me something to shoot for after the running game is over for me, which could be soon unless CCM runs more than a mile a day

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'm in.

At least one mile a day and 100 miles for December.

And thanks for organizing this.

steph  

Count me in, 228+ for December.

I'm not sure if I can run everyday, but imma try like hell. I've wanted to do this for a few years now. I know you're gonna axe why I can't run everyday, at least one measlely mile. I have 2 trips to the mountains planned for this month, hopefully I can run a mile when I get back to the car.

Joann Y

Count me in. I can't run more than my largest month last year but I'd like to run at least 155.

FSBD, pencil me in for 50 miles please.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

I'm in, with 327 for December because I stupidly ran 326.5 in January. (What was I thinking?!?!)

I'll point out right now that I have *no* idea of how I'll do this. :-D

--Christine

Mr MattM

I'm in.  Let's do 200 for Dec... more if I can manage it.

be curious; not judgmental

Sure, why not. I never used to care about streaks, and always valued my one rest day per week. But about 4 months ago I went to 7 days, and seems to be working out OK. December will never be my highest mileage month of the year, but 240 would make it a pretty solid month.

Dave

I am in.  I will go 215 miles for December.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

FSBD

I'm in, with 327 for December because I stupidly ran 326.5 in January. (What was I thinking?!?!)

I'll point out right now that I have *no* idea of how I'll do this. :-D

--Christine

I hear ya.  I put 337 because I ran 336 in July,  That is going to be a tall order.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

I'll join in. I have been on a streak already (not really planned like this holiday thing, just sort of happened that way) for almost 3 months now. Might as well try to continue it until New Year's since my marathon is in mid-January.

For my December mileage goal I will say 340. I am picking that number based on what's in my training plan right now (details may change, as I've been tweaking it a lot, but the weekly totals should hopefully be close to what I have there). It would be a monthly mileage PR and would also be the first time I've ever hit 300+ miles for 3 consecutive months. 

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09