2017 Holiday Running Streak (Read 200 times)

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Thanks for all the nice words! Something tells me teileen will be on the treadmill (if she hasn't already done that).

@runsinskirts: good luck with the achilles! This is my first good year mileage-wise since messing with my achilles tendon 2014-6. It still cramps my style but I've learned to co-exist with it.

@Mr MattM: watch out for that January enthusiasm. That's exactly how I ended up with a ridiculous 2017 HRS mileage goal: it was the only way I could beat my Jan 2017 post-2016-HRS-afterglow mileage-fest. :-D

--Christine

joescott

Figured I'd better check in to make it official.  FAIL on the streak.  At the end of our long travel day on 12/21 I didn't quite have it in me to get out there for a run.  And then, once the streak was blown, I sorta whiffed the travel day on 12/28, figuring at that point it didn't matter.  :-(

But, I hit the mileage goal.  246, which is a very solid month for me, especially in the winter, even the winter with a week of summer in Costa Rica.  :-)

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

joescott

Thank you, FSBD, for hosting this thing this year!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The streak/mileage goals were brutal for me this month, forcing me into a 250 mile month, with snow and below-zero temps. Highest mileage month in 2017.  Got 'er done. Whew.

So, thanks for keeping me going through December. Never would have done it without the goals.

I think I'll be a little easier on myself in 2018, dropping the yearly goal from 2600 to 2500. I started today with only 2.1 miles, the minimum required for my dog's daily run. Still at -3F.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Way to go, Led Lincoln! Congrats on getting 'er done, and especially for living up to Fido's expectations today.

I finished up today, too, with one mile :-D. But as Stevo in grad school used to say, "If the minimum weren't good enough, it wouldn't be the minimum."

Happy 2018, everybody!

--Christine

Sunflower747

Didn't make running everyday but made my mileage goal.  210 miles for December!  My highest month yet!  Congrats everyone and good luck on your goals for 2018!

FSBD

Congrats to everyone that completed the streak. And if you didn’t I hope it still helped you stay motivated through a tough month to stay on track. I completed the streak but didn’t come close to my mileage goal.  So I really have to get in gear in January.

Thanks to everyone that participated. Have a great 2018.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.