two questions track workouts on treadmill and best intervals to prepare for tough mudder (Read 1135 times)

xor

I value mikeymike's electronic friendship more than interacting with you!

#artbydmcbride

I gots lateral sway in my walk (less so in my running)  cause I gots a girl's pelvis (and not an ostrich's)  Big grin

Runners run

I recommend we all abandon this talk track.  The original post was serious, and it was sabotaged by a fool who doesn't know that he's a fool.  Friends, there's no helping him.  Whenever we read a post from him, we should just let it fall on deaf ears. 

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Doc, my tooth hurts

I recommend we all abandon this talk track.  The original post was serious, and it was sabotaged by a fool who doesn't know that he's a fool.  Friends, there's no helping him.  Whenever we read a post from him, we should just let it fall on deaf ears. 

He must be trolling, although it's possible that if someone does training his way he might go away too.

I gots lateral sway in my walk (less so in my running)  cause I gots a girl's pelvis (and not an ostrich's)  Big grin

How YOU doin'?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

xor

I once had ostrich pelvis.

It was delicious.

dallasboycows

no this course isn't on a mountain. It's at a motorcycle park.  and it isn't possible that the intervals are that far apart.  if you have 19 obstacles divided by 10 miles it averages out to 1/2 between obstacles and that's imagining that the obstacles are zero feet.  Lets suppose all 19 obstacles combine to about 1-2 miles then we have an average of .4 miles between obstacles.  Sure some areas will be longer than others but if one is say a mile or even 1.5 miles that means the others are going to be even shorter, so I think that short intervals are going to be crucial.

and I do have my opinion on the armswing thing but think I'll keep my mouth shut as I don't feel like another arguement. As far as the ostrich thing, no comment.  LOL. 

BTW, in three months my daily run times have dropped about 2:15 secs per mile for my medium intensity runs.  yeah!!  mileage has went from about 10 miles a week to about 35-almost 40.

Stay on topic, please!

[MTA: FWIW, I was directing that, jokingly, to dallasboycows.  I've no desire to be a forum policeman.]

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

dallasboycows

paige, tx

dallasboycows

+1 thanks

xor

paige, tx

For those wondering where this is, it's kinda near Bastrop.  More importantly, paige is close to La Grange.  YouknowwhatI'mtalkinbout.  Just let me know. If you wanna go. To that home out on the range.

Ah how how how how

dallasboycows

For those wondering where this is, it's kinda near Bastrop.  More importantly, paige is close to La Grange.  YouknowwhatI'mtalkinbout.  Just let me know. If you wanna go. To that home out on the range.

Ah how how how how

hey thanks because I didn't even know that and people keep asking me what it's near and I say I don't know.  I'm from dallas.