Lance Armstrong appears finally to have run out of rope. (Read 2702 times)

MrH

Weed as a PED.  Unless we're talking eating or music, probably not.

(then again, if it helps the athlete relax at the time she/he needs to relax, then maybe it is an artificial edge.)

((Wait.  What?))

It provides a psychological confidence boost to some athletes. They think they are running much faster than they actually are. Big grin

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Not so fast. Sad Testing has been introduced relatively recently in Masters Track and Field. Some cheaters have failed, some have quit and some have shown remarkable drop off in performance since testing was implemented. Some show obvious change in body musculature too.

It's sickening. At the end of a race, would you want to acknowledge someone you 'know' to have cheated you out of a national or world title?

http://masterstrack.com/2011/05/18418/

comments are interesting indeed (especially #7, #41, #43 and #47, you may have heard of them).

Eddy Hellebuyck stained himself.  But what must piss a guy like Pete Magill off to no end is that he gets suspected because of a real cheater.  I can see how LeMond could get so bitter. 

MrH

Hmm, I keep coming in 3rd in my AG.  Those other two must be doping. Wink

If your competitors are over 50 and look like this, you may be right.

MTA: convicted drug cheat Val Barnwell, who subsequently blamed sabotage and racial discrimination for his positive tests.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Menace to Sobriety

Wasn't that the point of that commercial a while back where the basketball player said, "I touched it." and his coach was proud of him?

No, it was some sort of PSA about values, but the call wasn't reversed, either.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

xor

My PSA value was a little high last time.

But not because of dope.  Or rope.

vegefrog

But, I suspected that most super human performers do something that others don't do. (Ie. Carl Lewis, Michael Phelps).  I suspect that they've done stuff that normal elite athletes don't do.  I suspected that they got lucky and hadn't been caught.

Hey! Not Phelps!! He is just a freak of nature with feet like flippers and he works REALLY HARD. He has never come close to failing a performance enhancing drug test. It's sad that just because someone comes along once in a while who has the perfect mix of work ethic, coaching and genetics and becomes a legend in their sport, we assume they must be using something.

So he smokes pot, that's definitely NOT performance enhancing. At least I have never found it to be, LOL.

As for Lance...I'm sure he is guilty. People want him to be innocent because he is a cancer survivor. Cancer survivors can't be bad people can they?? LOL, I know from experience that cancer card only goes so far and I think he has used his up!

I do applaud the Livestrong foundation, however.. They do a good job of spreading the word about living with cancer and promoting a healthy lifestyle. It's hard to separate his cheating and the foundation, but they are 2 different things. I hope the foundation can continue doing it's job.

DoppleBock

Takeru Kobayashi is a pot head?

Hmm - Maybe that is why he was banned ... PEDs

BTW, I realize that the references to The Pot were jokes, but it is still fun.  Weed as a PED.  Unless we're talking eating or music, probably not.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

Interesting that you bring him up.

I met that guy at the Chattanooga airport a few years ago (I was there for a race in Georgia on the same weekend as a speed eating thingy in Chattanooga).  He was a skinny little fellow who seemed to be into makeup.

A year later he was SUPER bulked up like Joe Piscopo and Carrot Top.

I'm gonna guess PEDs indeed, though I suppose for image and not eating purposes.  Who knows... the steroids did not make Joe Piscopo funnier.

Why is it sideways?

Hey! Not Phelps!!

I agree.  Freaks of nature do come along every now and then.  I used him as an example for how easy it is to point at an innocent person.

(My size 14 flippers haven't ever helped me.  I think it's because my toes are too long, and I've considered going in to have them surgically webbed, which I hope will improve my swimming performance, but that's a topic for another day).

Cheers,
                    Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

MrH

comments are interesting indeed (especially #7, #41, #43 and #47, you may have heard of them).

I've had a beer with some of them. Cool

The process is the goal.

DoppleBock

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

A year later he was SUPER bulked up like Joe Piscopo and Carrot Top.

I'm gonna guess PEDs indeed, though I suppose for image and not eating purposes.  Who knows... the steroids did not make Joe Piscopo funnier.

And it did for Carrot Top?

I thought he was funnier before the roids. Now I just look at him and think how sad it is he's still trying to be funny with the same routine AND a neanderthals forehead.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

this thread has now referenced Joe Piscopo and a picture of Carl Lewis.

time for some light-hearted entertainment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LymeOcJyJtg

but why is Carl running the wrong direction?

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

My PED is low fat chocolate milk. I drink a small glass after every run. This is our secret. Please don't narc on me. Big grin

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental