What's in your Treadmill Room? (Read 264 times)

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Good morning, all! I'm running more and more on my treadmill as ice and snow has covered the sidewalks near my house. I'm wondering what you have in your treadmill room to make running on the treadmill bearable?

In particular, I've found the room to be pretty dry, so I'm looking to get a humidifier in there. Have any of you put humidifiers near your treadmill? I already have a fan, good light, several sweat rags, and a loud bluetooth speaker connected to my iPhone.

Thanks! Happy running!

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

We have a TV with cable in our basement room.  We keep the room at 50 degrees during the winter, so I love it.  I take water and a towel with me.  I haven't noticed it being dry, though.  Maybe because it's so cool?  I HATE running on hotel treadmills.  It's always hot!

Feeling the growl again

I have a TV wall-mounted at treadmill eye level with a DVR, a Bluetooth transmitter, and Bluetooth "sweat proof" headphones (parentheses as I'm on the third model to claim that).  The treadmill is directly under a ceiling fan, and I have a large box fan mounted in an adjustable wooden stand that straddles the deck so it can blow straight on my back from a couple feet behind.

Our treadmill is upstairs so in the summer this still does not cool enough...I'm never bored enough or I'd probably pull an old radiator and fan from a car and rig that up to an iced bucket and electric circulating pump.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

GinnyinPA

Ours is in the basement, in what would be the family room if we had kids.  Mostly it serves as the library/exercise room as it's lined in bookshelves, but has the treadmill, a recumbent bike, some hand weights and yoga mat.  There's a TV with a vcr/dvd player (I have exercise videos I do on off days) and a stereo so I can crank up the music when I run.  Sometimes I watch videos, sometimes just enjoy the music.

Mysecondnewname

I serve as the humdifier in the room our treadmill is in!

To me, the indispensable items in our treadmill room are the bigscreen TV and the bluray player (and seasons 1 and 2 of POI

I just got a TM 'on loan' from a friend who moved.  It's in the garage, because I didn't want to have to haul it back up the basement stairs if he ever wants to reclaim it.  Where it is I can look out the window in the door and see all the ice and snow...  I have a bluetooth speaker, so can listen to music without sweating up the headphones.

Mine is in our bedroom. I just open the window while running so it's not too hot (in the summer I also have a fan, but I usually run outside in the summer). My husband fixed me a stand for the laptop, so I can watch movies. He's also building me a sports room in the basement, so when that's finished we'll move the TM down there.

Doc, my tooth hurts

Mine is in the basement so it's always nice and cool.

I have our old TV, the only other TV in the house, hooked up to a Roku and DVD player. I use netflix quite a bit but will use Plex, Amazon Instant, or rent DVDs from time to time. Right now I"m plowing through Parks and Rec. Roku is great if you don't have a mobile computer.

I also have a small fan that works ok.

C-R

Wall mounted t.v. that I got off eBay for $100. Fans fore and aft. It's in our basement so that helps with noise.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I got my treadmill for free at the end of the summer. Have it in the basement. Used it once so far this winter (last  Mon). No frills. No TV or laptop. I roughed it with just my Shuffle.

Joann Y

I've got a big fan. Recently pulled some pages out of an old gardening calendar and put those up on the wall next to the treadmill. That and some buddhist prayer flags that my husband clearly doesn't want me to put up any place but the basement. A bit nicer with something to look at. Half the time no entertainment, the other half I will rock out with the ipod, listen to audiobooks, bbc programs, teaching company courses, or watch something on the ipad. The treadmill has been a game changer for me having an 8 year old at home. Should have done it sooner.

Tv,  cable and roku box. I worked my way through magnum pi on DVD last year but am trying out different tv shows now (burn notice and the good wife).  I need to inflate the exercise ball for more core exercises and should check out the workouts available on roku channels.

2014 - heal the sinuses and move to Germany!

2015 - Paris Marathon 12 April

Gator eye

Dust. Lots and lots of dust.

Hoping to leave it that way but the weather man has a different idea

Walk-Jogger

This is a pic of my treadmill room, and the view is from about 3 treadmills to the right of mine, but it's the same view:

My treadmill of choice is a Freemotion  Incline trainer, and I only use it jacked up to 30% slope like this or set to a -3% negative slope (for most other running I use the 200 meter track that you can see out there).  I turn off the TV feature as it's an annoying distraction most of the time.

Retired &  Loving It

If you are trying to make us envious, it's working.  

This is a pic of my treadmill room, and the view is from about 3 treadmills to the right of mine, but it's the same view:

My treadmill of choice is a Freemotion  Incline trainer, and I only use it jacked up to 30% slope like this or set to a -3% negative slope (for most other running I use the 200 meter track that you can see out there).  I turn off the TV feature as it's an annoying distraction most of the time.