Play it again... (Read 524 times)

I am on a business trip to Palm Coast, FL this week. It's a beautiful area with great running trails and scenery (at least, for a desert-dweller like myself). I just added "Don't Let It End" by Styx to my Ipod last week. I hadn't given it a listen until my run this afternoon. Anyway, it came on and I found myself replaying it for the better part of 5 miles or so. Great song. Reminds me of high school. Ever catch yourself replaying a song over and over during a run? Which one? Why?
    Do bears bear? Do bees be?
    xor

No, but I do get songs stuck in my head that replay over and over. Even when I don't want them to do that. At the Moab Marathon, it was Coolio's Fantastic Voyage. At CIM, it was Folsom Prison Blues. In this case, it made sense because the race starts in Folsom, CA.

I don't listen to music while I run but I can total sympathize with the whole getting a song stuck in your head thing. There are two that plague me.. Zombie from The Cranberries and What's Up from 4 Non Blonds. Friends and family never miss an opportunity to force me to listen to one of those just because they know it will torture me for days. I even have on friend who periodically emails me links to various things. Once or twice a month she will email me a link to one of those songs on YouTube. It's cruel I tell you. Cruel.
        And who am I anyway?
        Just another fat jogger, evidently.
        kcam

Last time I used my ipod (Monday?) I kept replaying Johnny Cash's "I Been Everywhere". That one makes me smile out loud.

Yoda the 4-eared cat

Ever catch yourself replaying a song over and over during a run? Which one? Why?
            I was running a few weeks ago with the mp3 player on random and "Dont dream it's over" by crowded house came on (for those that are interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZZfuCJ970w ) and it was perfectly in time with my slow plodding. So I repeated it. Then, a live version of the same song came on. Then a different live version of the same song. Which I then repeated. So I listened to it for a total of 5 times. Yeah, I have a lot of crowded house on my player.
              I love getting southern rock or metal songs stuck in my head, since I can never remember how the guitar solos go I end up repeating them for about 15 minutes per song in my head. Atleast I end up with a pretty badass song.
                When I made the mistake of running an ultramarathon I ended up alternating between singing the spongebob theme song and french folk songs. I don't know any french folk songs. I don't know french.
                For message board success, follow these three easy steps in the correct order: 1) Read, 2) Comprehend, 3) Post.