My training schedule for the Columbus Marathon - Thoughts? (Read 1465 times)

Was it all a dream?

I'm also a fan of two a days. Although I do begin to feel a bit overly clean showering multiple times a day... I feel that two a days are a great way to boost training volume without getting injured. When I run doubles, usually both runs are short and at recovery pace... although sometimes I do a medium long run (12-15 miles) in the morning and an easy run (~4mi) in the afternoon. I guess what I'm trying to say is that at least one of the runs should be just about getting the blood moving so your muscles can repair themselves to be ready for tomorrow's run. I would definitely advise against doing the 13/13 you mentioned...
    RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Well I don't know how I don't take the advice of a guy who ran Grandma's in 2:36! Besides I was starting to feel some soreness from running my easy 8 miles today. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the additional miles I am adding, even thought I don't think it is that much. Probably has more to do with me training too hard. Tomorrow's run will give me a better idea. I think I am almost done with my schedule. I need to look over it one last time when I am not tired to make sure it feels right. For now I will channel the urge to do double runs but I will definatley try that when not in Marathon training.
        2011 Goals:
        Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
        Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)