Gear For Sale Forum? (Read 1019 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Eric, How hard would it be to start another forum section where members could post info on used gear they have that they would like to sell? I'm a hunter and member on a couple of hunting forums, and those guys are trading / selling gear back and forth all the time. All transactions are strictly between the members, and they make their own payment and shipping arrangements via private email. Granted, hunting is a little more gear-related than running, but perhaps some members have a few extra fuel belts or maybe an old HRM they'd like to sell, which others could use. What do you think? Other members, would you use such a forum / feature? Michael
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This could go under the shopping tab...
        Excellent idea! Think it'd be useful!

Hoping to Run Again :-(

I LOVE this idea! We could have our own little Ebay.
          ~ Fly ~
          Only as much as I dream can I be.
          veggies on the run

My Thoughts: 1. (Currently) there are no private messaging features, which means that you need to publicly state your contact information. 2. Liability concerns for Eric which would probably never come to anything but could potentially cause problems as he is shown to "endorse" such transactions by providing a forum for it. 3. Rather than wait for Eric to do something, this seems like a great idea for a custom group, which already has all the features that you need, even pseudo-privacy to keep email harvesters out. Create a custom group, set the forum as private (you have to be a member of the group to see the forum, but anybody can join the group), and then ask all the users to put something into their signature line pointing at the group so that others will more easily learn of it. My 3 pence.

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

3. Rather than wait for Eric to do something, this seems like a great idea for a custom group,
              Good idea Blaine. Hopefully this is kosher with Eric? If not, I understand if it suddenly disappears.
              eric :)

Blaine: You brought up some really good points! Thanks for watching my back Smile I'm not against having an equipment trading feature here but as Blaine pointed out, it needs a private messaging function first to maintain everyone's privacy. Also, I don't know how many people will use it so for now, I'll focus on features that will benefit the most people. When the time is right, I'll add this support. eric :-)
                  Such a group was just kicked off this week, it's called something like Sell it, trade it, buy it

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Such a group was just kicked off this week, it's called something like Sell it, trade it, buy it
                    Sockoni linked to it in the post above right after it was created. Big grin

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)