RA Race Calendar (Read 1384 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

...might as well throw in race sign-up too! Approve

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

jeffdonahue

As for the past race experience portion, you could always add a sort of poll ranking from 1-5 for race, organization, expo, post race food, etc... if you thought that might be helpful.  marathonguide.com has something similar on their site where everyone gives their opinion of the races each year.

eric :)

Matt,

You have really set the standard in feature requests!  With so much effort already put into it, how can I say no?  I thought about adding race listing for a while but it never resulted in anything because there are already plenty of websites doing it.  Your proposal provides additional value to the community, which is what I am looking for.

I think most of the questions you raised shouldn't be problematic.  I need to think through how everything would piece together, especially since it might become a part of some other big project Wink

Matt,

You have really set the standard in feature requests!  With so much effort already put into it, how can I say no?  I thought about adding race listing for a while but it never resulted in anything because there are already plenty of websites doing it.  Your proposal provides additional value to the community, which is what I am looking for.

I think most of the questions you raised shouldn't be problematic.  I need to think through how everything would piece together, especially since it might become a part of some other big project Wink

Big grin - Cool - Thanks Eric! Look forwards to seeing this become part of RA (or some other big project) at some point in the future. If there's anything I can do to help with development or testing please message or email me; I would love to support.

As ever, thanks for everything you do with the site. RA Rocks!

2017 Goals
          1) Run more than 231 miles
          2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

wildchild

Carolyn

Thanks Matt and Eric!  Looking forward to this feature.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Scout7

OK, I really have nothing to say about the actual feature requested, but I do want to add that to all the people out there thinking about a feature, THIS THREAD SHOWS YOU HOW TO ASK FOR IT.

Good googly moogly, Matt, I wish I had you for a client for work.  I'd actually be able to build applications properly.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like the part where I'm not a FMM participant, but attend and drink beer at the end.  Heh.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The next time I need to ask anybody for anything I'm going to ask MattJ to do it for me.

Thanks Eric!!!   RA is and always will be the best.

Julia1971

I did think through the "hide my participation" option though and am not sure if it is needed, at least at this early stage. Here's why:

In the way I've written this up the race is really just a forum thread with a bunch of extra info lumped on top. It is not linked to training plans for individuals so RA will not know you are running a race unless you tell it specifically in the race thread. If you don't want anyone to know you are participating then you can just subscribe or follow the race, like any other thread. I guess I came to the conclusion that "hidden" participation has no value in this implementation - maybe wrong here. 

I think I understand what you're saying but honestly, based on the mock up, I just trust what your wrote is true.  Smile

I like the part where I'm not a FMM participant, but attend and drink beer at the end.  Heh.

Does your family know you indulge in the FMM lifestyle? Joking

But seriously, let me add to the accolades about this feature request.

tomatolover

Love this idea, and superlove your presentation of the idea.  Holy cow! 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Great idea and awesome presentation! I think it would be a really cool and original feature.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Matt,

..... Your proposal provides additional value to the community....

+1

Lazy idiot

Does your family know you indulge in the FMM lifestyle? Joking 

I laughed.

Tick tock